1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Screen protector?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by jtowndog, Apr 12, 2005.

1. jtowndog

jtowndog New Member

2. jtowndog

jtowndog New Member

The response from the seller:

These screens are specifically designed to protect and reduce glare, it made out of a special micro thin P.E.T with silicon coated, which means it won't leave residue or damage your screen. It does not interfere with the touch screen technologies. It's being made under extensive research and development, cut from precision cutter using data from the manufacturer. Basically just peel and apply.

www.lcdprotector.com

3. Areometer

Areometer Silver Business Sponsor

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    have you received & installed yours? How do you like it?

Thanks.

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have it and installed it.

I used the same screen cleaner I use on my laptop to clean screen first. I didn't get it straight the first few times so peeled off and tried again. I used the squeegee I got from Dale with his decals to smooth the film. Touchscreen works fine. No adhesive to muck up the screen.

5. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I purchased and installed mine just this past week....... fits very nicely and the install was very easy.
    The plastic is very very thin (not a negative), so the touch response is not affected.
    The only advantage I see about this product is ........now my screen (in my mind) seems less likely to be scratched/damaged.

Their product is expensive at $16 (that's shipping included).
    I emailed them about a possible group purchase but did not receive any replies!

6. catsbox

catsbox Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I purchased mine from EBay
    [web:83d93e6c70]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38653&item=7973312396&rd=1[/web:83d93e6c70]

Price: $11.95

Plastic is thick enough to protect but thin enough to still be able to operate the touch screen. Fits perfectly, very easy to install. Have not tested it in the direct sun yet but it does seem to reduce the glare. The seller shipped promptly and was otherwise good to deal with.

7. Areometer

Areometer Silver Business Sponsor

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I got & installed their screen protector on my Prius & my PocketPC Phone.

Goods: It feels thicker than other films that I have used before. This translates to easier positioning/installing. But I still managed to trap in 2 bubbles. Also, tactile feeling is better than before. Screen seems to be more responsive to my touch than before, which is unexpected. Glare is cut down even more now. Nice.

Bads: I wear polarized sunglasses a lot, gee, sunglasses + this screen protector = illegible & darkness. Now, I can barely see my screen unless I move my head to the right & stare at the screen straight ahead.

But it's still a keeper for me for now.