1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Screen saver cover ??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by inventor00, Feb 23, 2004.

1. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    On my Pocket PC, I use a transparent cover to keep the scratches and fingerprints off the screen. It just adheres.

Has anyone found any big enough for the screen on the 04 Prius?
    Would this be a good thing or a bad thing?

2. rockluvr

rockluvr New Member

I haven't looked for one and also would be curious if anyone is using a screen protector. (I use one on my screen for my digital camera that, of course, is too small for the Prius screen, but works well.)

I keep a microfiber cloth in my car and at stoplights occassionally clean the screen and black plastic in the car - works pretty well.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Way back when (peri-Prius hitting the ground in the US) I made contact with one of the companies who makes those things. They showed an interest and even wrote me and one other person back asking if we'd want to be testers for the product once they made it. I said sure, sent my addresses...and nothing'. Haven't heard a word and haven't tried to get back to them.

I have to be honest, I'm really not too worried about it, I doubt anyone's fingering that screen enough to wear it out, the fingerprints don't bother me, and I hardly notice them anyway except when the sun is just at the right angle.

If I ever get a test sample I'll be sure to let everyone know.

4. Astroprius

Astroprius New Member

Evan -

I'm in the process of doing the same thing. I am supposed to get a sample for testing. If all goes well then I plan on working with the company to offer this as a general accessory. Assuming the sample ever comes. :?

Sam

5. jfschultz

jfschultz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I just sent a query to MacAlly about their laptop screen protectors. It may be that the one they have for the 12" iBook, trimmed to fit would be the ticket.

6. lchern

lchern Junior Member

When I got my car, back in October, I contacted Nushield. They were anxious to have someone test their product. They happen to be located near me (outside Philadelphia), and one of the owners who lives near me agreed to meet me in a parking lot. He measured and cut a piece of film, but it showed finger prints more than the bare screen. He explained that some screens cause a chemical reaction with some plastics, and that he had other plastic that might work. He mailed it to me, and it had the same affect.

I haven't heard from them again, except that the gentleman liked the car so much that he ordered one!

Lou