1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Scroll map?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by josephdmcc, Jul 28, 2007.

1. josephdmcc

josephdmcc josephdmcc

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    When attempting to enter a destination audibly, saying "Enter destination" I get the response "That command is available on the scroll map". What does that mean, how can I get there and, in short, what is the best way to enter a destination while in motion?I realize it can be a little iffy trying to get the NAV system to pickup what one is saying, but sometimes I really need this feature.

Thanks

2. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The voice command to initiate a destination input depends on the type of destination (address, POI, etc)
    To start an address input, one would say "address", a POI input would be something specific, and needs the word "nearest" in front of it.
    "Nearest post office", ..."school",..." cinema',...."gas station", ...."atm", etc.
    The voice command "enter destination" is for touching a location on the map screen after having "scrolled" (moved) the map around. When the point is chosen, say 'enter destination', and that command works.
    My favorites are "Go Home" and "Im Hungry"
    Address inputs are fun, and pretty amazing because it shows the system has text-to-speech capability.