1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Scrolling XM Channels from Steering Wheel?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Paso Prius, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Paso Prius

Paso Prius New Member

Hi Guys:

Does anyone know if you can scroll channels of XM from the steering wheel? I know that you can scroll to the presets...but what if you want to go from channel 100 to 101 to 102, etc.. ? We have another car with Sirius that you can manually scroll from the wheel. It is much easier to use the steering wheel then grab the little tune knob....or maybe it is just beacuse of my oversized fingers.

Thankssssssssssssssssssssss!
    Dave.

2. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I don't know if there is any way to move from one channel to the next using steering wheel controls. I use the steering wheel controls to move between the presets and the knob for channel-to-channel navigation.

3. GeoGeek

GeoGeek Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ Mar 19 2007, 01:38 PM) [snapback]408424[/snapback]</div>
    The integrated Sirius tuner (SiriusConnect by Directed Electronics) works the same way.....no channel to channel with the up/down key on the steering wheel....only preset to preset.
    Add it to the wish list for future generation sat tuners:
    1.) Fix the text display so that all characters broadcast can be displayed (by wrapping or scrolling).
    2.) Add a keypad screen so you can manually punch in a channel number.
    3.) Change up/down keys on steering wheel to allow channel up/down or preset up/down.

End rant.....

4. jrfaris

jrfaris Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    What happens when you push and hold the up or down arrow key? For CDs that switches disks rather than just switching tracks. Worth a try.

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You have to use the knob.