1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SE Region Leather

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by augustson, Dec 28, 2005.

1. augustson

augustson New Member

Anyone here from the SE get the leather option? If so, did they leave the cloth on your door armrests and center console? I just got my 2006 today and I had leather everywhere BUT those spots and I was wondering if that was normal. I asked the dealer and he said he didn't "think" they added leather to those spots but he couldn't really explain why not.

2. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

No, they do not add leather to these spots. If you're in the SE (like us) this is the ONLY option right now unless you go third party upholstery. I just acceped it like that, as I wanted my car now rahter than later.

If it really starts to bother me later, I'll get these things redone in leather to match at an upholstery place around here.

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

I received southeast installed leather, and the center console and armrests were not covered. I've got to say that has been my one and only disappointment with the car and I grip about it to myself about once a month. Our last 4 or 5 cars came with leather, so I assumed that they would have taken care of these details, but I am sad to say they did not.

Others on the forum claim that some aftermarket leather installations come with console and arm rests covered (or replaced).

4. augustson

augustson New Member

As an update to this story-- the manager at the dealership said he had no idea that the port installed leather didn't include those spots and they have offered to refund what I paid for the leather or to have an outside company install matching leather in those spots at no cost to me.

So... I guess if you're in SE region and you want leather... you might consider NOT getting the port installed option....