1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sea Foam

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Utah Cam, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Utah Cam

Utah Cam New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I’m checking in with the group to see if anyone recently has tried the Sea Foam injection cleaner into the cylinders by way of spark plug hole to break up deposits that cause oil consumption trick. I seem to remember someone awhile ago said to do this and let sit overnight. It’s supposed to get the deposits off the rings and have them seal better. I’ve got a 2007 with 215,500 miles and I add at least a quart of oil every thousand miles. Any help is appreciated.

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There's plenty of "piston soak" recipes out there. If I were you I'd put some time into reading about as many different recipes as are out there and then decide what suits you.

And in terms of the effectiveness of different products, I recently found this dude on YouTube who is DIY product testers for products like that: Project Farm - YouTube

SeaFoam ranks pretty high in most of his tests...

Utah Cam likes this.
  3. qmanqman

qmanqman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I did it with my Accord. It helped but didn't solve it. The oil consumption went down for sure. But don't use seafoam. Use carb cleaner. Nothing cuts carbon deposits better than carb cleaner. Just make sure to do it correctly. And make sure to change your oil right afterward.

Skibob and Kaptainkid1 like this.