1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sealant and compressor for tyres

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Oxo, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    According to the manual of my UK Prius (page 282) "An emergency tire puncture repair kit "is located under the luggage storage box." (there's a diagram which shows it resting on the spare wheel). This includes a can of sealant and a compressor (inflator).

Can't find these in my 2005 car. Did yours have them?

The pre-sale brochure does not mention this kit as included, or as an optional extra. The manual is written in American English so perhaps the tire kit only comes with USA versions?

2. jeromep

jeromep Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No, the NA version of the car does not come with tire a puncuture kit. At least nobody with U.S. market vehicle has mentioned this kit, or an air compressor for that matter. I haven't heard anything from our Canadian members about this either.

You are probably reading one of those items in the manual which doesn't exist because they decided to not ship that accessory after they had printed documentation. Not that uncommon that a feature they document isn't there for some reason. Probably cost in this instance.

I purchased a 12v lead acid battery (cordless) equipped inflator at Wal-Mart (I still feel dirty) a number of months back. It is on the shelf in my garage and I check my tire pressure every couple of weeks and add air as necessary.

Unless you feel jipped by your dealer or Toyota, why not call their customer assistance center for the UK and see what they have to say about this.

3. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Actually, it is written in Japanese English, also known as Jinglish.