1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SEARCHING FOR MY PRIUS PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jwills, May 23, 2007.

1. jwills

jwills New Member

HELLO EVERYONE THIS IS MY FIRST POST !!, MY HUSBAND AND I ARE GOING TO BE BUYING A PRIUS VERY SOON SO I NEED ALL THE ADVICE I CAN GET

THIS SITE HAS CONVINCED ME, PRIUS IS THE WAY TO GO, WE TEST DROVE 2 LAST WEEK, A REGULAR PRIUS W/PACKAGE 5, AND A TOURING WITH PACKAGE 5.

DO YOU THINK (FEEL) THERE IS A DIFFERENCE ?,

WE HAVE DECIDED ON BLACK, I KNOW SOME OF YOU THINK IT GETS TO DIRTY TO EASY, BUT WE HAVE DECIDED THAT WE WANT PACKAGE 6 W/BISQUE LEATHER, AND ALTHOUGH I LOVE THE WHITE AND RED ,MY HUSBAND DOES NOT. OPTIONS WITH BISQUE ARE ONLY WHITE, RED AND BLACK ACCORDING TO LOCAL DEALER.

SO MY MAIN QUESTION IS, THE DEALERS WE HAVE TALKED TO SEEM TO HAVE A HARD TIME SEARCHING OTHER DEALERSHIPS FOR THE EXACT PRIUS WE WANT. IS IT THAT DIFFICULT, AND IS THERE SOMEONE OUT THERE DEALER OR NOT THAT CAN HELP GUIDE ME TO FINDING A BLACK, W/BISQUE LEATHER SOMEWHERE, TOURING OR NON TOURING, IT DOES NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE ( UNLESS SOMEONE CAN GIVE ME ADVICE ON THE DIFFERENCE)

1 DEALER FOUND US A BLACK W/BISQUE PACKAGE 5, (NON LEATHER) OFFER WAS 24,500
    SEEMED PRETTY GOOD, BUT I THINK WE DECIDED WE WOULD BE HAPPIER WITH THE LEATHER.

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECITED, ON FINDING OUR CAR, AND THE BUYING PROCESS

I AM AFRAID IF I WAIT TO MUCH LONGER I WON'T FIND WHAT I WANT,OR THE PRICE I WANT, WITH GASES PRICES THE WAY THEY ARE (WAS 3.49 FOR ME TODAY NEAR COLUMBUS OHIO)

SORRY FOR RAMBLING, TRYING TO QUICKLY GET THIS ALL IN, WHILE I HAVE A BREAK AT WORK :)

THANKS JESSIE

2. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Dear JESSIE,

My first bit of advice to you is to turn off the caps-lock.

My second is, don't bother with the touring package unless you like it a lot better aesthetically.

My third is, don't rely on the dealer to do your research for you because they won't send you to another dealer to buy a car. Call other dealers and see what's available. Get price quotes from them. You'll end up with the car you want at a price you like.

p.s. welcome to PriusChat. Good hunting!

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Please do not post in all capital letters. It really does make the post much harder to read.

As for your question, Some dealers are more willing than others to make an effort to find the exact car you want. The more dealers you contact, the better will be your chances. If you are willing to travel outside your area to pick up a car, your chances improve further.

Good luck finding the exact car you want. (Personally I hate leather, but I know some people love it.)

4. priussoris

priussoris New Member

as everyone else said prior, except the color Black gets HOT had a couple of black cars and now have the RED it is better than Black for temp. wise Plus the red seems to go FASTER lol Good luck in your search

5. dvdirv

dvdirv Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    If you are having problems deciding between packages 5 & 6 with color schemes, I would suggest that you buy a package #5 and investigate an aftermarket leather place that does primarily dealer work. Their work has to look good. Your dealer can recommend such a place or you can look in the phone book.

By going the aftermarket route, you have a greater selection of colors and leather fabrics to choose from.(Perforated vs. non-perforated, for example).

I had my '07 Prius with package 5 done this way. If you find a good place, the work will look as good or even better than the factory leather. Cost should be around $1000 and it could work out to be even less than a Package #6.

Remember, there are other options out these besides what the dealer tells you!

Good luck!

6. BexarWolf

BexarWolf New Member

If "bisque" is the same thing as tan (I'm a country boy), it's available in whatever the fancy schmancy name is for gold. Our gold '07 has the tan leather interior.

As for the all caps.......eh, I can read it just fine.

7. jwills

jwills New Member

Thanks Everybody ! Maybey I can talk my husband into red., and Package 5, never thought about aftermarket leather, that might be the best choice. That way we can wait and see, maybey we won't even want the leather in the long run.

8. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have black and love it. It does get dirty, but is very sexy looking when clean.

As for dealers, call all of the dealers within your buying radius. Don't be shy about playing one against the other, but don't expect miracles either, as the Prius is a hot selling car.

Welcome to the club. :)

Tom

9. enthuz

enthuz New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jessie @ May 23 2007, 01:05 PM) [snapback]448262[/snapback]</div>
    I am in the same boat...searching for a Prius. My wife and I test drove a few the past 2 weeks. No dealer could find a Touring within 500 miles. So I asked for a nontouring Red w/Bisque Leather Package #6. The offer is $500 over dealer invoice. I followed research and qoute steps advised by PriusChat members in another forum. I hope this is a good price. I'm still waiting for responses from two other dealers. They know I'm working them against each other and this was their first offer. I prefer to negotiate price and then trade in values...also suggested by another member.

I was thinking about going the aftermarket route, but have yet to find a shop I can trust and that does good work. Anyone with some good choices in Hampton Roads, VA and/or for Jessie?

10. Loveit

Loveit New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BexarWolf @ May 23 2007, 12:05 PM) [snapback]448261[/snapback]</div>
    It's called computer manners. WRITING IN ALL CAPS IS THE EQUIVALENT TO SHOUTING AT SOMEONE! And we all know that we are not deaf, especially when we use our computers! :lol:

11. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    With regards to the color, I have Black with the bisque leather and I have no complaints about either. Yeah black shows dust/dirt easier than most other colors but who really cares? I get my car washed every other week to every other month depending on what I have time for and it doesn't bother me if it's dirty for a couple weeks or longer. I know some folks complain that the lighter bisque interior color shows dirt easier than the darker gray but I haven't had a problem with that and the Prius has been on a couple of snowboarding & hiking trips (ie: lots of mud/dirt being tracked in and no stains to show for it). Best of luck in your search! :)

12. gilahiker

gilahiker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BexarWolf @ May 23 2007, 11:05 AM) [snapback]448261[/snapback]</div>

The "gold" is Driftwood Pearl. A good choice I think!

13. enthuz

enthuz New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rancid13 @ May 23 2007, 11:54 PM) [snapback]448756[/snapback]</div>
    I'm definitely sold on the Bisque leather now. I have Bisque cloth in my present car (not Prius) and I love that color. The only reason for not choosing Black exterior was due to the heat during the summer. I don't have the option of parking in the shade when I'm working.

I am curious though with some talk here about the quality of paint on the Prius, what do you guys use to clean, wax and polish your Prius? What are your experiences? Mostly Black and White as defects shows most on those colors IMHO.

14. freke70

freke70 Salesman

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    They're becoming way harder to find. Believe me. At the beginning of the month, 1600 or so different Prii were available in the Southeast Toyota region. Now, it's about 500. Yeah....1100 have been sold in about 23 days. Yesterday, I sold one, and three others were sold at my dealership alone (small town). Seriously jump on whatever they can find. It's tough. Not too sure about availability in other parts of the nation, though.

15. Darken

Darken Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(freke70 @ May 24 2007, 08:31 AM) [snapback]448943[/snapback]</div>
    Wow, it seems as if were going to run into a Prius shortage again if they are selling at this rate in the South! I wonder if Toyota may drop the packages discounts now that they are moving, or if negotiations will get harder. I guess time will tell..

16. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darken @ May 24 2007, 11:00 AM) [snapback]449090[/snapback]</div>
    The answer is "yes" to both questions. The real question is "when"? I believe the trigger point is $3/gallon. If a dealer has 5 cars and six buyers why should any of them be discounted? If the dealer has 5 cars and 4 buyers then buyer #5 needs to be found and the easiest way is to cut the price. If you are looking for huge sales and rebates go to your neighborhood GM dealer.

17. enthuz

enthuz New Member

Actually in my area, there are a lot of available Prius. Just not many in Red and package 6. I'm being told and inventories are showing that not many are being made with package 6. I may have to settle for another color to get one or have the dealer order one. I'm not sure how that will affect my OTD price. Every dealer I went to had the Prius line at the rear of their lots.

18. westex39

westex39 New Member

Here in the Lubbock, TX area, the Prius is selling like hot cakes. We bought ours 2 weeks ago (package 6 touring). I went to the dealership today and they only had 3 left. Two weeks ago they had about 15.
    They knocked off a $1000 when I bought ours. No deals on them now. Salesman said it was sticker or nothing. He told me that in the Dallas and Houston dealerships they were going for sticker plus addendum.
    Eventually they will be the long waiting times if gas prices stay high.

westex