1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seaside #3 12/3/2005 San Diego, CA

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by sunnysandiegan, Jan 29, 2006.

1. sunnysandiegan

sunnysandiegan New Member

Date Ordered: 12/3/2005
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Mossy Toyota - San Diego, CA
    Timeframe given for delivery: salesman said, "sometime between January and April"... sales manager told us late April when I mentioned only taking delivery after 1/1/2006 (for tax credit).
    Color: Seaside Pearl
    Option Package: 3... I wanted all the airbags. DH wanted the AUX IN capability. Neither of us care about NAV.
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: no idea

On 1/20/06, our salesman called to say our Seaside Pearl #3 was due to arrive in 2-3 weeks.
    On 1/25/06, he confirmed it was on the boat from Japan and due to arrive in Long Beach.

Our new car should arrive sometime between 2/3 and 2/10!!!!! :D

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    That's great.

I almost went with Mossy but they were a little slow replying to my e-mail. Then after I bought my Prius, they continued to e-mail me after I told them I'd already bought a car.

BTW did you contact any other dealer in SD?

I bought from Kearny Mesa Toyota.

3. sunnysandiegan

Hi fellow San Diegan!

Yes, I emailed and/or called and/or visited the following dealers:

Toyota San Diego (lowest inventory and highest lack of follow-through)
    Kearny Mesa Toyota (internet guy is great; floor people were rude)
    Poway Toyota (all calls were pleasant, but woefully uninformed on several points)

Then, last week, I literally called every single dealer in the entire county. I was looking for a Barcelona Red to see in person and I asked about inventory for Jack06. Inventory was rather low on the day I called (Wed), but by Friday afternoon several salespeople had called me with exactly what I was looking for. Too late on both counts. LOL

We had gone with Mossy mostly because they treated us well when we purchased DH's 2004 Camry. In addition, the salesguy has been more knowledgeable and more responsive than the rest...not that he is perfect, but he has exhibited excellent customer service thus far.

As a side note, where do you have your routine service performed? Are you satisfied? Would you recommend it to others? WHY do you like it more than any other places?

Thanks!

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Howard Sheehy is the internet manager at Kearny Mesa Toyota. I haven't dealt with anyone else. He's great.

I have it serviced at Kearny Mesa Toyota too. They have a huge, very CLEAN maintenance facility. They also have a guy (Chris I think) that has gone through the Prius training. The service guy I usually see there is very good as well. The only thing I hate is you can't make an appointment, it's come and take pot luck.

But when I had my oil changed they followed my instructions to the letter. Not overfilled, air pressure correct and they didn't wash it. I never have it washed, I detail it myself to avoid swirls.

One place I'd never go it San Diego Toyota down on Mission Gorge. I don't know about their service dept, but the parts dept is small and dirty and the salesmen I dealt with sucked. I literally got out of the car and walked off the lot when I tried to take a test drive there.

5. sunnysandiegan

Thanks Godiva! :)

We had two negative in-person experiences at Kearny Mesa Toyota with the same salesman on the lot. UGH! Dan Pasanelli has been the "internet manager" I have been dealing with there and he is MUCH better in all ways than that other guy, but he didn't get us the car we wanted before Mossy did.

Toyota San Diego is going to go out of business, if you ask me! Their business practices are simply horrid, IMO. We left their lot within 2 minutes of arriving. A new person calls me just about every week announcing he is the new internet manager and wants to know what car I want. You'd think if they could keep my name and phone number in their system that they could keep the vehicle, package, and color, too. Very tiresome group that is...

As for service, though, I had a rotten experience over at KMT when they were in their previous location about 4 years ago. TSD was then Rose Toyota and they came through for me with flying colors. Haven't been back to either.

Ultimately, though, we've had the best sales and service experiences with Mossy Toyota. Absolutely zero complaints to date.

I am curious about the Toyota Service Center in Santee. I heard they are expanding very soon and will have the most fully trained Prius technicians in the county. I don't know if it is true, but I have heard it from two sources.

6. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Santee isn't that bad of a drive, especially in a Prius. I'd be interested in hearing more if it really happens. I haven't had any complaints about Kearny Mesa Toyota's service dept, except for the lack of being able to make a time certain appointment. I'm all for most fully trained Prius technicians in the county even if it is a bit of a drive.

7. sunnysandiegan

I'm sure I will be checking into a bunch of service departments in the near future with regards to the Prius, specifically. I'll be sure to let you know what I discover. :)

8. sunnysandiegan

IT ARRIVED!!!! I HAVE MY NEW PRIUS!!!! Purchased on 2/9/06!!! :D

2006 Seaside Pearl / Bisque #3

I'm in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

9. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I live about 1.5 miles from SDT and I haven't gone to them yet for service. I did get on a list from them back in Sept '04, but they never got what I wanted. Funny, when they were Rose, they were first Toyota dealer in the US.