1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seaside #6, ordered 9/3/05, Cherry Hill,NJ

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by PhotoLady, Oct 29, 2005.

1. PhotoLady

PhotoLady New Member

Hi all,
    I ordered my Seaside #6 at the begining of Sept (when gas reached over $3.25 here and it cost me almost $80 to fill my F150!!), and was originally told 3-6 months wait. :eek:

I have had a couple of calls from this dealer (Cherry Hill Toyota/Scion) and another one in the area on other colors/pkgs, but am electing to wait for the one I really want. I figure if I am going to keep this vehicle for 5 years or more, I really want to get the one I want, not settle on a color I am not fond of, or a package that is a compromise.

I talked to the dealer at the beginning of Sept and he said that it would probably be allocated at the beginning of Nov and delivered around the end of Nov.

Talked to him again on Thurs (10/27) and he is saying now that it would probably be an 06 instead of an 05. :rolleyes:

I am planning on dropping by next weekend (beginning of Nov.) to see if there is any new info ( and to drool over the one they are using for test drives - Silver #6). :D

I will update this as I find out more.

2. PhotoLady

PhotoLady New Member

Just got off the phone with the dealer. My 2005 Seaside Pearl #6 landed at the port at 10:30 this morning! :D

It should be at the dealers in 10 - 14 days - I can't wait!!! :lol:

3. kaida

kaida New Member

:p PHAT!!! is this the car you spec'd out at cherry hill? if so, i did as well...i think i'm going to wait for the '06...keep in touch...

4. PhotoLady

PhotoLady New Member

Yes Ths is the car that I 'ordered' from Cherry Hill. :D
    When I ordered it, I gave them a $500 deposit check (which was cashed).

I originally went there because they were the only ones in the area with a Prius to test drive... I just couldn't see buying a car without at least sitting in it and taking a spin around the block!! :eek:

I am happy to getting it now - either an 05 or 06 would have done me fine!! I want to start saving $$ on gas. I have a 64 mile rt commute every day....

I hope that yours comes in soon too. It sounded like you were right behind me on the list... :)

I am still waiting for them to call me back about exact delivery day..

As soon as I hear when it will be there, I will update this again.

5. kaida

kaida New Member

hey...i too have a long commute...58 miles one way to edison :( in my 04 chevrolety blazer...i'm waiting on the '06 only b/c the last allocation that sales spoke of didn't have package 6. if they did, i would have jumped on...

the wait list keeps getting shorter, and time seems as though it is getting looonger.

congrats, again!

6. PhotoLady

PhotoLady New Member

I tried a commute like that - only lasted week - way too far...

GOOD NEWS!!!! My Pri is at Cherry Hill Toyota!!! I will be picking her up tomorrow morning. :D

I will add to this when I get it and bring it home!! :)

I am sure that yours will be in very soon!! I know how hard it is to wait :mellow:

7. kaida

kaida New Member

:D NICE!!! that was only 5 days' wait since you've found out it was in port...good luck and post pics...

8. PhotoLady

PhotoLady New Member

:lol: I GOT IT!! She's absolutley LOVELY!!
    [attachmentid=769]
    My salseman, Phil, spent over an hour explaining the major compnents of the car to me (thank goodness!!), and everything went smooth.

I paid MSRP, only thing I added today was the window etching.

I am planning on getting the extended warranty and the Environment Protection Package before the end of December..

Here is a picture.... I will be putting up more - probably tomorrow... :D

Attached Files:

9. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

Way to go! Great Photo!

What's the Environment Protection Package option?

10. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Way to go! :D

11. PhotoLady

PhotoLady New Member

The Enviromental Protection Package comes in 2 varieties. The first is for the glass and is a Diamond Crystal finish that is put on . It resembles Rain-X, but won't wash off. It is supposed to last 4-5 years and hardens the glass against pitting and cracking.

The second part of it covers the paint and interior. For the exterior, it helps again damage from acid rain, bugs, chips and pitting. The interior part is similar to Scotch-guarding, and supposedly spills will just wipe off.

I am interested in the glass and exterior mostly. It takes several hours to put on so the car has to be left at the dealer's for a day.

Seaside Pearl #5 - 2005 w/etched glass
    44.1 mpg so far :D