1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seaside BC #9, Jan 17th, Alexandria, VA

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by rflagg, Jan 18, 2004.

1. rflagg

rflagg Member

Date Ordered: Jan 17th, 2004
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Alexandria Toyota in Alexandria, VA
    Timeframe given for delivery: 90days to 6mos? :(
    Color: Seaside, Tideland, anything but black/red
    Option Package: bc #9
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: I was told #36.

From what the dealer told me, they're looking at #9 being the most popular package, plus the recent announcement of car of the year has also increased sales/wait times. Last I talked to him before xmas, he suspected 2 months. I made sure to ask him, "When should I first start bothering you/how often?", because if he sets the rules for contacting, at least there's less impatience and ambiguity regarding that. I'll probably first contact him in about a month as it stands right now. Well, now the hard part begins!

-Matthew.

2. rflagg

rflagg Member

I've almost made it two weeks without calling the dealer! And yes, this is a personal achievement for me. :) Now, if I can last another two weeks before bugging him, hopefully he'll actually have some news for me. Here's to patience!

-m.

3. rflagg

rflagg Member

Ok, I caved and called the dealer this weekend. Found out there hasn't been much word at all, except that Toyota has told this dealership that anyone ordering now should be expecting a 2005. Of course, as my dealer noted also, who knows at this point. In a month we might be at the top of the list, or not. Just a wait and see thing, and I was already done waiting before I even ordered. :p

-m.

4. rflagg

rflagg Member

After contacting two other dealers in the area (if anyone in Northern Virginia is still looking or waiting, I suggest checking out Koons Tysons, very quick turnover) on Feb 13th, I got word today that my Black #9BC is in Baltimore today (from New Jersey, supposedly - by boat, too?), and will be at the dealership either late tonight or tomorrow.

I will be paying $1000 over MSRP, but I was assured I wasn't 'jumping' the list at all. Also, for a two-week turnover, I feel that extra grand is worth it.

I'll post again after picking it up (hopefully) tomorrow! I still refuse to believe it until the fob is in my pocket and I'm driving away!

-m.

5. Chimera

Chimera New Member

I just placed my order with Tysons Toyota today. How was your experience. I was told that they are a high volume Prius dealer so their allocation is larger than other dealerships. How long did it take to deliver your car?

6. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Anyone who is paying $1000 over MSRP, and getting a car in two weeks, is pretty naive if they think that they aren't jumping to the front of the waiting list.

Don't be surprised if your car gets "lost" in shipping, and someone who's willing to pay $2000 over MSRP gets immediate delivery on a new Black #9/BC.

Bob

7. XravenX

XravenX New Member

I hate to say it man, but you are causing someone to lose out on their car. To believe that you are not jumping the line is crazy. Dealerships are make a good profit off of people who are not willing to have patientence. Supply and demand has kicked in and people who have more money are getting their cars sooner than those who want an honest deal. I put my "order" AKA on the list back in January. I will consider myself lucky to get the car in April or May.

Frankly, I can wait till 2005 for a new car if it doesn't mean the dealerships are going to rip me off even more. I can last till Next winter riding my motorcycle around. Not as eco friendly but at least it isn't as bad as my old truck.

Just my 2 cents

8. miniracer

miniracer New Member

1. Order (request) a car, put down deposit, usually, and wait patiently as if in an English queue for 3 -6 mos. then finally get a car.

2. Luck out with a Moses Lake type situation, be willing to go a distance to a dealer that has a few Prii unclaimed.

3. Feed the Greed System, to hell with the people in line, grease the GMs palm, pay "market adjustment", or whatever, and get your car very quickly because you had the extra money.

Dealer says, " Thank you for the extra $1000 - here is your car in 2 weeks - and, no, I assure you, you're not jumping the line". DUH!!

I suppose we'll never know how much of this is going on.

I think I need my medication now.

Peace

9. rflagg

rflagg Member

That was one of the many reasons I had 3 deposits down, because I trust no car dealers, except maybe Dianne on this board, but I'm not driving 3000 miles to get my car.

However, the dealer told me the car fell through on financing, and they actually almost had two black #9's, but the other person finally got financing from another bank, thus allowing them to get the car. The one I picked up, however, was lost because of an inability to get a credit deal.

I probably could've waited 6 or 7 months (my other dealer was telling me I'd be lucky to even get a 2005 since they were getting very few in there), but not a second goes by that I regret my purchase, because this car is absolutely wonderful in every way expected. I've already broke 1000 miles on it.

-m.