1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seaside BC Dec 31 Effingham IL

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by NorthStar, Jan 18, 2004.

1. NorthStar

NorthStar Junior Member

Date Ordered: 12/31/03
    Dealer: Dan Hecht Chevy Toyota
    Timeframe given for delivery: 2-3 months
    Color: Seaside
    Option Package: BC
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: 3

It's been very helpful to read everyone's postings in all these Prius forums. Thanks everyone.

After visiting my local dealers in the Minneapolis area it became quickly apparent that I would be lucky to get the car I wanted by July. The salesperson at a Golden Valley dealership showed me pages of orders with many waiting for Prii. I was told that it would be easier to get package 3 (2-3 months) and maybe 7 before package 9 (BC)(6-9 months)

So after scouring the internet and calling several dealers in the Midwest I came across this one in Illinois that had a very short waiting list. I did find one dealer in Arkansas that had a car on the lot with package 4 but decided to try to get the color and package I preferred. The Effingham dealer told me they had ordered a Prius for someone in Chicago and were able to get exactly what he wanted last fall. They said the two allocations for January were spoken for but none for their end of February allocation. They told me to expect the car in February / March.

I talked with the dealer last Friday and was told I'm number 2 on the waiting list now and he was expecting to find out this weekend if they were getting a Prius in the end of January allocation.

I'm in a situation where I am able to wait and am willing to wait to get the car I want. But on the other hand, I'm hoping it comes sooner rather than later!

Mark

2. NorthStar

NorthStar Junior Member

I talked today to my salesperson, Patty, and she said that a Prius with BC was coming for the person ahead of me on the list. That should move me to the top of the list for whenever another one comes their way. She didn't think color would be a problem either. I still feel pretty confident about it. It hasn't even been a month so far for me.

3. NorthStar

NorthStar Junior Member

I received word today that my car will arrive in Portland on March 14 arriving at the dealer toward the end of the month. The dealer says it will be as ordered - Seaside BC.

Anticipa-a-a-tion :party:

Mark

4. NorthStar

NorthStar Junior Member

I talked to dealer Bob today who told me the Seaside BC is arriving March 25 in Chicago as ordered, then on to Effingham a few days after that. I'll probably pick it up next week on my way home from New York City (a little vacation).

I still haven't seen a Seaside personally yet even so it remains my first choice (on a hunch), although I'm pretty sure I'd love a Tideland and I thought the Salsa I saw at Rudy Luther's Toyota last week looked very sharp. In fact all the colors have something special about them - kind of like a mood ring - perhaps.

Mark

5. NorthStar

NorthStar Junior Member

I talked to this dealership a couple of days ago and was told "they are trying to find" my Prius. It was supposed to have arrived in Chicago last week so it should have been able to find its way to Effingham by now. In this day and age when we can track the shipping movement of a printer cartridge across the country we certainly have the technology to be more precise about tracking a car. But it would seem that there are still reasons for being obscure. Hmmmm.

If this falls through I'll take keen interest in news next week about the 2005 model.

Mark

6. NorthStar

NorthStar Junior Member

I got the call this morning! The Seaside BC showed up this morning. Just a couple days late for picking it up on may way home from NYC. Now I'll have to find my way back to southern Illinois - it might have to wait until next week. Still... all my worst fears are put to rest. It showed up just as requested. :mrgreen:

Mark

7. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Phew! I admire your patience during your Prius' time "off the radar".

8. NorthStar

NorthStar Junior Member

Last Friday, while hoping to get news of the car's arrival, dealer Bob told me that a trucker's strike and train strike in Canada was delaying movement from Chicago.

Also, coincidently, the letter on the $300 increase arrived in the mail today.

Mark

9. NorthStar

NorthStar Junior Member

I picked it up today! Had a nice little drive back home - got back just in time for a Maundy Thursday service.

Although I bought it today and got the call and the letter regarding the $300 price increase - I still wasn't charged the additional money. The sticker had the original price. I suppose that is the bottom line :)

All told - just over three months from deposit to delivery for exactly the car I requested.

Now, for that EV mod...

Mark

10. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Congrats on getting the car you wanted, especially after this being a part of your original post: