1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seaside Pearl, #4, NE Ohio

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by ohgreys, Apr 26, 2006.

1. ohgreys

ohgreys New Member

Date Ordered: 04/13/06
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Don Joseph Toyota, Kent, OH
    Timeframe given for delivery: 3 Months ("but as soon as 2, as long as 4")
    Color: Silver Pine Mica/Bisque
    Option Package: 7 (Nav)
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: ?

We've been considering a Prius for a couple of years and finally broke down and ordered ours a couple of weeks ago. I'm really excited but wish that I would have read over PriusChat before placing my order. We're paying MSRP and didn't realize that there are some dealerships that offer deals below that level. Also, I paid a $1000 deposit for the car and now, after reading through the site, think that could have been negotiable. Regardless, I am very excited to be jumping into the hybrid world!

My salesman indicated that he was going to "place the order" for my car the morning after I was at the dealership. He said that my color and option choice would make it easier for me to get a car quicker. Is Silver Pine Mica not a popular color?

2. ohgreys

ohgreys New Member

I'm updating to say that my dealer called to offer a #4 Seaside Pearl and I took him up on it. I e-mailed him a couple of weeks ago to say that I would take any color except black or driftwood or magnetic gray and any of packages 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7.

So it will be here in 3 weeks. He should have a VIN for me by next Wednesday. I'm so excited!

3. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Good for you! I like Seaside as their "best all-around" color, though I got antsy and settled for Barcelona (which I like OK). Silver Pine seems to be one of the less popular colors, judging by what you read here (along with black and white, though black has a rabid following among those liking it).

MSRP is what (caution: wild guess ahead) about 75% pay. Some get a little below MSRP (especially with higher packages) and some have paid "dealer markup" if they were impatient (or didn't know any better!). So you're doing OK on that score. The average deposit paid seems to be $500. If you didn't ask your salesperson about specifics, some dealers pad their profit a little by including "mandatory options" (e.g.,cargo net, rear bumper applique, locking wheel nuts, even "fabric protection") that you may not necessarily want and which are almost pure profit to them.

Good luck!

4. ohgreys

ohgreys New Member

We want to get the all weather floormats but I'll make it clear that I don't want any of the other extras. When I talk to the dealer on Wednesday I'll also make it clear that I don't want any sticker or metal decal with the dealer name on it stuck on the car either. I don't mind the license plate frame but that's it.

We don't see Prii around here very often but yesterday we saw a black Prius and a Salsa Red Prius. (We recognized the Salsa Red because we test drove one a couple of years ago.) My husband saw a Seaside Pearl the other day and liked it so I am sure that I'll like it fine.

5. ohgreys

ohgreys New Member

Dealer called on Friday to say that the car was "minutes away" and then amended that to say "It will be here today, Saturday, or Monday." Well, Monday came and went and it still wasn't there. My husband just drove by the dealership and called to report that it was not there today yet either. So I am impatiently waiting for the car. Now I wish he wouldn't have called on Friday.

6. ohgreys

ohgreys New Member

I've now been told that the car is "like death--we know it's coming but we don't know when."

7. ohgreys

ohgreys New Member

So the Prius arrived on Wednesday, 06/14/06, two months and 1 day after I ordered it.

We got to the dealership this morning at 9 and left at 11:30. We had a pretty good buying experience but I am glad that it is over and we have the car now.

8. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

w00t! Congratulations! *horns blare* *red carpet unfurls*

Let us have your first impressions. When you have some first impressions. :unsure:

9. rcarlson52

rcarlson52 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ohgreys @ May 26 2006, 02:53 PM) [snapback]261449[/snapback]</div>
    I am having trouble deciding between the Barcelona Red Metallic and the Seaside Pearl. There are several Toyota dealers in the San Diego region but they cannot keep the Prius on the lot long enough to go and see one. I have seen a Camry in Barcelona Red Metallic but have not been able to see anything in real life in Seaside Pearl.

The brochure shows it to be a light greenish color while some of the on-line shots make it look to be light blue. Perhaps the pearlizing of the paint makes it change shades according to the lighting?

I would love to see a picture of your new Prius when you get it. It would be great if you could also post what your imprerssions are of the color.

I do not see colors the same way most people do (slight color deficiency) so it helps if others tell me what they see.

As an example, I was in a store the other day and picked up an insulated mug for a friend. They had light blue, yellow, lime green, black and faded red ones. I chose the faded red one. Just before I bought it I turned to the woman behind me and asked her what color she thought it was? She said it was the hottest pink she had ever seen! I went back and got the black one. You can seldom go wrong with black.

Take Care

Rick
    [email protected]