1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seaside Pearl, #5 or 9: April 12, Durham, NC

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by Huck, May 12, 2004.

1. Huck

Huck New Member

Date Ordered: April 12, 2004
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Toyota of Durham, NC
    Timeframe given for delivery: 7 months is optimistic
    Color: Seaside Pearl
    Option Package: #5 or #9
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: 131!

I'll probably never see this car, but these guys are one of the largest Prius sellers around, so they get good allocations. Still, even at an optimistic 10 per month, it would be over a year before I see this car. I expect others to drop off the list, and I expect to be offered other choices in the interim.

Some people at this dealership seem to load up their cars with every possible port-installed option (leather, 17' wheels, toyo-guard, tint, floor mats, cargo nets, bumper appliqe, you name it), so they are selling a lot of Prii for well over 30,000. My salesman says he will not let this happen to me.

Keeping options open for something sooner :?

2. Huck

Huck New Member

Inspired by some of the discussion on this board and other places, and by a tip from a friend, I took the country road to West Virginia and got my Prius in less than two months. Picked it up last Saturday, and am loving every minute of it. I could not have made it until December.

Paid MSRP and not a penny more. No port add-ons.

Now to get my $500 back.