1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seaside Pearl Interior Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bradusany, Jun 18, 2007.

1. bradusany

bradusany New Member

I am some what confused about the interior color options on a Package 3 seaside pearl....A little history - I was looking for a Pirus and missed 2 opportunites to purchase the seaside pearl and each time I looked at the car they both had package 3 with a darker grey charcoal color to them...My local dealer says that the seaside peal only comes with a lighter greay interior and is implying that I may need my eyes checked....By the way this was NOT leather eaither - I know the difference they were both seaside pearl with dark greay...Can someone PLEASE clear the air for me on this - can I get a package 3 with the charcoal cloth interior or is my only option the light grey...

Thanks
    Brad

2. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Toyota's web site lists two colors: dark gray and bisque, both available in either leather or cloth. In the site's color swatches, bisque looks like a light gray (at least on this computer monitor), but it's actually a light tan. So if you equate "charcoal" with "dark gray," you're in luck. Maybe the dealer thinks what Toyota describes as dark actually is light, or at least lighter than what he thinks "charcoal" is.

3. Darken

Darken Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    As JimboK mentioned the two listed interior colors for Seaside Pearl are Bisque and Dark grey. When I was looking for mine I specifically asked for the grey. I saw the Bisque and thought it was much too light a color. When the Grey arrived it was lighter then I thought 'Dark Grey' should be, but looks nice with the Seaside Pearl color.
    I'm not sure what color you saw on the two you were looking to buy, but if it was darker its going to be hard to ask for since 'Dark Grey' is usually the only grey color choice. Good luck!

4. JoannSolberg

JoannSolberg New Member

I have the Seaside w/ gray interior. It was listed as Charcoal Grey when I ordered it, and I was a little disappointed to see how light it was when it arrived since I was really hoping for a DARK grey (although it's still much better than the light tan, at least in my opinion). I've had it almost a year, and it's held up well so far. Hope that helps...

5. Tucquan

Tucquan New Member

We have a new Seaside Peal with Dark Gray that arrived at the dealer's lot yesterday. It'll be Monday until we can pick it up. During the discussions with the sales rep while we were deciding on color, he said that Toyota darkened up the gray color of the interior on these 2007 models.

6. Kidd

Kidd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tucquan @ Jun 23 2007, 05:35 AM) [snapback]466805[/snapback]</div>
    I almost can't stand the wait. I live in the Southeast and as the price of gas rises, the Prius sales do the same. I had the opportunity to buy a Spectra Blue pkg 6 off the lot, but really wanted the touring plus Sirius and wasnt' sure of the dark color of the Spectra Blue. So I wait and wait. It has been 2 1/2 weeks now and my Seaside pearl with bisque leather interior is on its way! I hope I do not regret the lighter interior. Anyone have any comments on my selection? Please e mail me at [email protected]. I am finding Prius Chat a bit cumbersome to navigate thru to find mundane Q&A such as the one I just posted. Any pictures would be appreciated too! Mine is supposed to be in Dec 6, 2007. cant wait. I just sold my Blazer with 154,000 miles on it last night , and now I am driving a Merc Marquis until I get the Prius.

S.L.

7. mxvet

mxvet humble

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JSL @ Nov 20 2007, 09:24 AM) [snapback]541905[/snapback]</div>

mine is light gray.

8. davidtm

davidtm Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have the Bisque interior (leather), and I like it. Do realize that it is more neutral than "tan". I ordered tan Weather Tech mats, and am exchanging them for black, as the tan looked bad against the more neutral bisque color. Also, there's a lot of black on the dash, so the black mats will blend with that, rather than tan mats introducing a third color into the mix.

I have the Bisque interior (leather), and I like it. Do realize that it is more neutral than "tan". I ordered tan Weather Tech mats, and am exchanging them for black, as the tan looked bad against the more neutral bisque color. Also, there's a lot of black on the dash, so the black mats will blend with that, rather than tan mats introducing a third color into the mix.

9. Kidd

Kidd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(David T M @ Nov 20 2007, 10:11 PM) [snapback]542256[/snapback]</div>

10. Kidd

Kidd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    David,

Do you have any regrets in your bisque leather interior? What color is the car's exterior? Would you get a darker or lighter color if given the chance to do it over again. We are getting the floor mats so all should match. I kept my Blazer for almost 10 years and regreted not replacing the floor mats with OEM mats from the dealer, because the generic replacements were cut a bit differently and the color was slightlly off.

11. davidtm

davidtm Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No regrets at all. The exterior of my Prius is Barcelona Red.

My previous car was a black Volvo S80 with tan leather interior. I wasn't sure I'd like the lighter interior when I got it, but I grew to really like it, and so the Prius was a natural continuation. Actually, the Volvo's black exterior color was a hassle, since I wanted it to always look its best, and black is notoriously hard to keep clean. Also, the gray interior will get hotter in the summer.

12. Kidd

Kidd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(David T M @ Nov 21 2007, 08:46 PM) [snapback]542730[/snapback]</div>

Ahh, thanks for that. I was getting cold feet with my color selection: seaside pearl with the bisque leather. I actually saw that color with the bisque fabric and it was really nice, so thats what I went by. Black is always the most striking in most all cars, but here in Florida with the heat, it is a factor. Not to mention the obvious upkeep with that color (or lack of). Anyone else with a vote of confidence with my color selection? I have not signed ion the dotted line yet, because the car is not even in yet. I still can change my mind.

13. kbo1114

kbo1114 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have a 2007 Seaside Pearl with the grey interior and it really is more of a medium grey. They may call it dark grey but it isn't. When I think of charcoal grey I think of a color slightly lighter than black and the grey in my car is definitely not that dark. It is still a nice color with the blue exterior color and the black dashboard so I don't mind it at all, in fact I think it looks pretty good!

14. Kidd

Kidd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusKBO @ Nov 22 2007, 08:16 AM) [snapback]542863[/snapback]</div>

It seems the color combo, I requested to receive, Seaside pearl and the light (bisque) leather is not common, unless it is just because there just aren't many Prius' out there. When I saw the color combo in the material interior locked up at the dealership because it was sold, I was convinced that was what I wanted. It will be a good choice for the hot, hot days in central Florida, I think.

15. JimboK

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JSL @ Nov 21 2007, 09:27 PM) [snapback]542748[/snapback]</div>
    Seaside Pearl and bisque ... I vote "yay." But then I'm biased. ;)

Actually, I would have chosen the gray interior if I had had a choice when I bought mine. I figured it would show dirt a little less. In retrospect, the bisque has done fine, and I like the color better. Front seat covers and ExactFit mats help keep the seats and floor clean. FWIW, I have fabric seats; I chose not to spend the extra money for leather.

16. Kidd

Kidd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ Nov 22 2007, 09:14 AM) [snapback]542867[/snapback]</div>

Jim,
    How is the color match with the "exact fit" mats you bought and what is the brand? One of the other posters had to return their lighter color, I think tan, mats and go with black because the color was not quite right and it added a third color to the interior that was bothersome. I am stoked about getting my Prius. Hope the thrill stays with me after the purchase. The older I get, I don't really mind the wait, especially when I know the end result will be worth it. The thrill of the chase.....

Stu

17. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It never occurred to me to specify an interior color. I wanted blue exterior but would have settled for anything but red. I got the blue I wanted. The interior is probably the bisque. It looks like a light tan to me. I like it. But then, as I said, I didn't care about the interior color.

18. JimboK

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JSL @ Nov 22 2007, 10:03 AM) [snapback]542876[/snapback]</div>
    Oops, I misspoke somewhat in my hurry earlier. It's ExactMats; that is the brand name. They're clear vinyl, so they'll "match" anything. :) FYI, they're available through the PriusChat Shop.

If you're interested in them, I'll give you my view. The good: no channels and perimeter lip like a typical mat. I really like the smooth surface, and the color and texture of the factory mats really come through. The bad: no channels and perimeter lip like a typical mat. ;) They don't trap dirt and water as well as conventional mats. Therefore, I have to vacuum a little more often, and I put a regular mat down on the driver's side in bad weather. If I had kids or pets regularly tracking in dirt or water, I'd probably use something else.

19. Kidd

Kidd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ Nov 22 2007, 07:06 PM) [snapback]543022[/snapback]</div>

20. pitimpinai

pitimpinai New Member

Seaside Pearl with grey interior. :D Love the combination. I was debating between Magnetic Grey exterior and Seaside Pearl. Blue won, because it's my favorite color anyway. :p

I wanted a grey interior from the beginning because it would be less noticeable if it gets dirty. It's not very dark, but I like it nonetheless. :D