1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seaside Pearl/Package 2 - Ordered 8/23

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by jeffandsarah, Oct 11, 2008.

1. jeffandsarah

jeffandsarah New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Hey, noob here.

The wife and I have decided to upgrade from our 2002 Electric Green Mica to a 2009. We placed our order 7 weeks ago at North Point Toyota in North Little Rock, Arkansas, and now we wait.

The package options on the ordering preference sheet we had to fill out didn't really match what we had seen online, so when we heard the 09s were shipping, we used that as an excuse to take the ebrochure up a few weeks later and specify exactly what we want!

So we've ordered the Seaside Pearl with bisque interior, package #2. If we get antsy, we'll be okay with Seaside Pearl, Magnetic Gray Metallic, or Spectra Blue Mica with either interior color -- and we might consider package #3.

We were told 6 to 8 weeks, but the Arkansas dealers don't get large volume of shipments. A friend had to wait 4 months to get his and still ended up taking NOT the touring edition he wanted. I'm okay to wait now, but I'll get antsier as we get closer to Thanksgiving, when I'd rather be in the new car to drive the couple thousand miles to West Virginia and back...

That said, we did get a call two or three weeks ago offering us a Magnetic Gray Metallic that had been unclaimed. It was a bit tricked out though, so we decided to wait for what we want.

Planning to call the dealer tomorrow and see where we are on the waiting list now.

Jeff

2. jeffandsarah

jeffandsarah New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Spoke with the inventory guy yesterday, and we're now at #5 on their list. He said that they've been getting 5 to 8 vehicles per month, so he's hoping that we'll be getting our car this month.

The waiting continues...

3. Codyroo

Codyroo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    B/New '09 PRIUS Package 2 - Seaside Pearl

I'm curious what they are charging you in Arkansas. This was just listed on Craigslist in the Bay Area (note, the price doesn't include destination charges etc). But it is well below MSRP....and I think with the current state of the economy, there is a lot of room to negotiate. But, I don't know the supply side of things in your area.

4. jeffandsarah

jeffandsarah New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Several discussions with our salesman and the inventory guy last week. We're still waiting. There are quite a few Priuses in Arkansas right now, but none in Seaside Pearl. They're trying to work a trade with a couple of dealers in Texas, but so far no response. From my own research, doesn't appear to be much Seaside Pearl in Texas either. Inventory guy is also watching one that (I think he said) is getting ready to ship - hopefully he can grab that one.

Still we wait...

5. lovemygreys

lovemygreys New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    The seaside pearl is a really nice color. I think the bisque would look really good, but the grey would be nice with that color too. I hope you find your car soon! I lucked out and they had a car coming in with everything I wanted so I only had to wait a couple weeks.

6. Codyroo

Codyroo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    What price are they quoting you for the car (now that the economy is in full tanked mode)? Although my previous Craigslist link no longer works, there are a number of package 2's (some seaside pearl) for sale in the bay area. Prices ranging from $22,900 - $23,300. Plane flight out, drive car home, (Route 66?)

7. jeffandsarah

jeffandsarah New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Our vehicle was allocated to the dealer shortly before Thanksgiving, and it's now sitting at port (Gulf States). We elected to change out the fabric seats for the leather. That, and apparently a small backup due to the holidays, seems to have set delivery behind by a few days. When we heard from the dealer on Monday, he indicated that we're probably looking at next week. We've gotten them to throw in a few port options at no cost, and I'd bet that wouldn't have happened a few months ago when there was nothing to be found anywhere...

Anyway, assuming that there are no more delays, we'll be in her by next weekend! Guess all that remains now is to see what we can get for the first gen.

8. jeffandsarah

jeffandsarah New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    And we are now the proud owners of our new Prius! Picked it up on Saturday; still adapting to the subtle differences between this one and the first gen we traded in.

Thrilled, to be sure!

9. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congratulations! What other no cost port options did they throw on for you?

10. EZW1

EZW1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Hey, if you're willing to come to the Phoenix area, you'll steal one. The dealers here aro so overstocked, they're clamoring for a sale. I bought an '09 seaside pearl, package 5 for $5K BELOW invoice.