1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seaside pearl with grey interior

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mgej, Dec 1, 2005.

1. mgej

mgej New Member

Hello! This is my first post. I am a soon to be prius owner and have a question for anyone in Northern California...not sure if it really matters.
    I ordered my Prius at Toyota Petaluma. They don't seem too knowledgeable about the colors. I basically had to guide them through the Toyota website to show them that Magnetic grey won't be out until May 2006. I ordered Seaside Pearl with grey interior. I received a phone call afterwards stating that their configuration sheet doesn't have the grey interior as an option only bisque. However, it does show it on the website. Has anyone ordered the same color options as I did?

Thanks. This has been a very helpful forum, especially since this is the first forum I am a member with.

2. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I think Toyota's website has some errors on it as far as interior fabrics and colors. For instance, for Vermont, the package 7 classic silver shows leather as an option which I don't believe is right. If it has leather it is package 8 which Vermont doesn't have available.

There might be a similar mistake for your area with regards to the dark grey.

3. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    You're right, seaside does come with either bisque or gray. However, my dealer told me there's no use in "ordering" it---they come in with either, and they'll offer you what comes in. If you turn it down, you wait for the next one. And so on.

4. davedog

davedog Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    dang, dealers ain't too helpful.

get what you want! find someone who's willing to help you.

5. QED

QED New Member

I can confirm that, according to my dealer, both the bisque and gray interiors are available with Seaside Pearl. Anyway, I am also expecting to take delivery of the same color combo in January.
    Looks like this might be a popular color combination. I would hold out for the one you want.

I hope Toyota realizes this and makes LOTS of them! :D

BTW, I'm in Hawaii, so we are not in competition for the same car. :p

6. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I hope you are right, because I want a 2006 seaside with grey leather. my wife is going to go for black w/ g.l; she decided against the new barcelona red.

7. mmfjj

mmfjj Junior Member

I'm in the Mid-Atlantic region. I ordered a Seaside with gray cloth in September. Dealer had no problem with the color combo since day 1, and told me today to expect delivery on January 2nd.

You might want to go to prius.toyota.com; click 'Build and Price Your Prius'; enter your zip code; and make sure what you want is available in your region.

8. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I don't think color combo availability varies, just package availability. But, I have been known to be rong (ha)