1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seaside Pkg 7, Nov 5, Acton, MA

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by sullivka, May 19, 2004.

1. sullivka

sullivka New Member

I just got the call that my car has been allocated!

Date Ordered: Nov 5
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Acton Toyota, Acton, MA
    Timeframe given for delivery: 14-16 weeks
    Color: Seaside
    Option Package: ordered 5, took 7
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: Number 1!

The wait has been twice as long as anticipated, partly due to the demand in the western suburbs of Boston. If I had ordered in NH (where I work), I probably would've gotten the car long ago. A co-worker ordered in Manchester, NH just 10 days before me and received his car 4-5 months ago.

My car should arrive in about 3 weeks. I am paying MSRP.

2. sullivka

sullivka New Member

Delivery!

My car arrived on Wednesday evening and the dealer invited me in to see it. I picked it up on Thursday without a problem. The dealer financed it at a rate far lower than Toyota was advertising and even removed that pesky "Car of the Year" sticker from the back of the car.

I'm really glad I held out for my first choice of color and package. Yesterday, when I returned to my car in a parking lot, I found a 70-ish year-old man gawking at it. He was in absolute awe over the color and the gas mileage. He wanted to know all about it and said he was going to see about getting himself one, but said he'd probably end up with a Camry because of the wait. That's too bad. I wonder how many others are like him.

I'm averaging 55 mpg -- not too shabby! In my Honda Civic, I regularly achieved 44 mpg at this time of year (EPA rating was 32-36). Drive gently. It pays.