1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seaside/Salsa #7 12/27/2003 Green Bay, WI

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by platec55, May 28, 2004.

1. platec55

platec55 New Member

Date Ordered: 12/27/2003
    Dealer Ordered From: LeMieux Toyota, Green Bay WI
    Timeframe given for delivery: 5-6 months
    Color: Seaside/Salsa
    Option Package: #7
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: Didn't ask

I've been lurking on this board for quite a while but never really had anything to contribute. The call finally came on 5/14 saying that a Tideland #9 had been passed up by everyone in front of me on "the list". After asking how much longer it would be if I declined and receiving the expected "I don't know" response, I accepted it. Color doesn't matter much to me, and I don't mind paying a bit more for the extra goodies. But Toyota certainly has missed the boat on its allocation strategy.

I got the second call on 5/26 that the car had arrived at the dealer, and I picked it up yesterday afternoon with no hassles or unexpected charges. I then had the pleasure of driving home in a rainstorm and coming to standstills on the highway because evidently everyone is afraid of rain. It was nice to hear the engine shut off while stopped and then look at the display later and see the average of 48.5 MPG. This car kicks a** and was definitely worth the considerable wait.

Thanks to all wizards in this forum who have shared their experiences. I find that I know quite a bit already without paging through the 300+ page manual.

FYI, I learned at delivery that this dealer receives about 4 cars per month but hasn't seen any package less than a #9 in 4 months. Their list is now over a year out.

8)

2. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

Welcome aboard and congratulations.

3. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Rain-X !!!!!!
    Can't say enough about this product, which I first read about on PriusChat!
    Drove home from the rink in a driving T-Storm Monday. At one point it was so heavy most of the cars pulled off to the side, I just kept clocking along at a reduced 50 mph. I have driven in rain like that before and even with the wipers on double time, the water sheets down so fast you can't see clearly. With the windows conveniently freshly Rain-Xed last Thursday, I didn't even bother to turn the wipers on until the point where everyone else was pulling over! The rain was still beading (balling?) up and blowing off. I could clearly see the road and the valleys created by the heavy tractor trailers where the water would pool and make hydroplaning a possibility and stay out of them.
    This was in my '95 Odyssey which does have a fairly raked back windscreen. I don't have experience using it with other cars, so YMMV. Given one Prius Poster was thinking of taking off the wipers (I wouldn't!) I expect it works very well on the 2004 Prius.

4. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I used Rain-X for a couple of years on my windshield; but NO MORE.

It works great while it's fresh and reapplications are needed every couple of weeks. However, I noticed a buildup on the windshield that was becoming cloudy and affecting visibility. It seems that the wipers actually were leaving tiny lines in the residue that keeps stuff from sticking to the glass. Several careful washings with ammonia were needed to remove most of the cloudiness but it never returned to normal.

I continue to use it on side windows and mirrors to keep them clear. Also snow and ice doesn't stick as badly either.

5. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thanks for the heads up Don, I'll keep a watch out for that on my car.

You don't mind if I swing through Nashua and swap your new Salsa for my old Odyssey on my way home from the skating comp next weekend do you? ;-)
    Actually, I'm going to see if the local dealer may want to rent me his TRAC Prius, assuming they haven't sold it for big buckaroos.

6. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    You're welcome to swing by to SEE the new car; but as they say, "What ya see here, stays here".

Thanks for the offer on the Odyssey. I think I'll decline. I have one old car in the yard, I don't want another.

7. platec55

platec55 New Member

Re: green bay #7

Hi Jacquie.

When I placed my "order" back in December, my choices were #1, #3, #7, and #9, if I remember correctly. From what I have read in this forum, it sounds like the regional options available to dealers change occasionally. Hopefully the GB dealer has an option that meets your needs and can get it in a timely fashion, but it sounds like it could be a while if you haven't already placed your name on the list.

Ive gotta say that Ive been very pleased with the extra features in the #9 package. I just might have to get a cell phone so I can use the Bluetooth technology.

Happy hunting!

Chris

8. ironrosewhippets

ironrosewhippets New Member

No I went home (Omaha, NE) and ordered one from the dealership my mom gets her cars from. I am on a call list in Appelton. 2 different guys in GB told me I couldn't get a 7. One didn't seem to know much and the other was too pushy. I would rather get an '05 anyway.

Jacquie