1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seat adjustment for 05 different than 04

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by madams, Apr 1, 2005.

1. madams

madams New Member

I noticed something with my 05 that is a bit different. Namely the seat allows me to move back a full 2 notches back further than my wife's 04. At first I thought it was my imagination but I went from hers to mine and pushed the seat back as far as it would go and mine moves back a couple of inches further. This is great, I found (I'm 6-1) that I was just a tad too close to the pedals in my wife's car and I fit perfect in the 05. Anyone else notice this?

2. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Holy Crap! I'm going down to the dealership today to investigate this...

Nate

3. Ray Moore

Ray Moore Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    That would be fine except that at 6'4", I use the next to the last notch in my 04. If I moved it any further back I would need arm extensions. I just had surgery last week to repair a broken wrist. I should have looked into it then.

4. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

I'm so reluctant to go and move my seat around just so somebody can post that they April Fooled me.

But since I have one of the last 04s, and I have noticed I have some 05 features (like the Energy/Consumption toggle with the Info switch on the wheel) and a pretty recent Nav version, I will look at the seat and tell you how tall I feel. But I don't have another Prius around to compare with.

Possibly an icebreaker for the next local Prius gathering...

5. madams

madams New Member

A couple of points, 1. No this isn't a April fool's day joke. 2. I was a little concerned when I ordered my 05 ( I had an 03) because the seat in my wife's 04 didn't seem to go back far enough to be truely comfortable. I really don't think it is my imagination because after driving mine I got into my wife's 04 and tried to get the seat back further and I couldn't. Mine appears to go back further, like I said in the orginal post, a couple of inches further back.

6. prberg

prberg Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Lucky! I do feel a little cramped in my '04.