1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seat Adjustment Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by GeneralGump, Jun 2, 2008.

1. GeneralGump

GeneralGump Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    im new to the fourm.

I just bought an '08 prius. I'm about 6'6" and it is a little tight in the front seat. I have long legs as you can imagine and my knees are pressed a bit into the dash.

Wondering if anyone has done any custom mods or if they knew whether the dealer will adjust the front seat. I thought maybe there is a way to mount more holes in the slide bar but i haven't dug into the car yet.

thanks for the help!

danny

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Danny,

I think the only person here who extended the front seat rails a few inches (so that the seat can go a few inches further back) is nyprius.

nyprius managed to find a place that modifies cars for handicapped people and the Boston Celtics (who are tall) to do it for him. Other people here have tried to find such a place near them but I haven't heard of them finding one.

Anyways, the topic was recently discussed in this thread which has pictures of nyprius' extended rails, and is long and sometimes contentious, but definitely worth reading:

http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-modifications/44287-custom-extended-seat-rails-group-order.html

Good luck.