1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

seat adjustments

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by lmsoriginals, May 4, 2008.

1. lmsoriginals

lmsoriginals New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hello all, Hope someone might have some information for me. I am getting a Prius (FINALLY) and have one real concern... My DH is a tall gentleman (6'2") and has a bum right leg (poor guy has been through the mill with it for 4 years). Now, whenever we go together I usually drive. I am very concerned about him getting in/out of the passenger seat because of his limitations. Is there any way to get the front passenger seat to be moved back further?

Linda

2. Sheepdog

Sheepdog C'Mere Sheepie!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    not easily. There is a thread around here about seat rail modifications but it isnt too well thought of for safety reasons I think.

The only way to get the seat back any farther would be to extend the seat rails/ This could be done by a wheelchair or automotive company that does medical modifications to cars for disabled drivers, etc.

It is probably safer doing it to a passenger seat than the drivers. or is it? I just dont know.

3. jjksutton

jjksutton New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Has he tried it out? There's a good bit more room on the passenger's side (no pedals). I'm 6'4" and the driver's side is a little tight, but the passenger's side is roomy.