1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seat Belt Alarm - Can it be disabled?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by smcracraft, Dec 20, 2006.

1. smcracraft

smcracraft New Member

Hi - can the seat belt alarm be disabled?

I don't care for this particular "care factor" as I
    religiously fasten my seat belt and insist on same
    for all passenger.

The alarm is a nuisance.

Thanks.

2. jrmgkia

jrmgkia Wish I was cycling

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Just do a search for 'seat belt alarm' and you will find a bunch of posts on how to do this. Please don't consider this rude but next time you might try doing a search before asking a question, because my experience has been that it usually has been answered before and that way you won't have to wait for a reply. Take care. :)

3. daveleeprius

daveleeprius Heh heh heh you think so?

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(smcracraft @ Dec 20 2006, 02:20 PM) [snapback]364725[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, the seat belt alarm can be disabled. Simply fasten your seat belt before you start your car, and you won't hear it.

Dave

4. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) jrmgkia is right.

The "dance" to disable the seat belt alarm is very similar to the procedure to disable the reverse alarm and instructions can be found in PriusChat. Try searching on "reverse" or "seat belt"

These "dances" are rather strange in nature and it may require several tries before working.

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It's also documented in the owners manual. At least it was in 2004.

6. bugmenot

bugmenot New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(smcracraft @ Dec 20 2006, 02:20 PM) [snapback]364725[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, the instructions are here: http://www.evnut.com/prius_beeper_disable.htm

Let me mimic the others: "I know the answer to your question but I rather use my time to advise you to search"

7. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bugmenot @ Dec 21 2006, 03:43 AM) [snapback]364987[/snapback]</div>
    There are probably very few people who "know the answer" of the details or exact location of the details off the top of their head. So, those of us who've addressed this question before would either have to do the search ourselves for the umpteenth time or ask the OP to do it themselves once.

While I'm certain that the OP appreciates your post with the exact location of the instructions more than the 'do a search' answers, it's a reasonable response to a poster who clearly hasn't tried that himself yet b/c if he/she had they would already know the answer b/c of it's wide availability.

I think most of us try to be as useful as possible in most cases, but some of these very commonly asked, commonly answered, and widely available questions really do call out for a less direct response.

Here's a plethora of instructions and info with a very quick google...
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=P...G=Google+Search

8. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm another one who uses the "buckle up before starting the car" method.

9. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sometimes it's good to take the time to search for answers instead of asking for them...not only do you tend to learn lots of other interesting stuff in the process, but one is also better able to judge for oneself the validity of the information by learning more about the source.

Give a woman a fish; feed her once. Teach a woman to fish; feed her for a lifetime.