1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seat belt warning sticker on visor--removal?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by clongwor, Jul 30, 2005.

1. clongwor

clongwor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This may be a totally dumb newbie question, but I just noticed the seat belt warning stickers on the visors of my 5 day old Prius. I didn't just want to try scraping it off before I check to see if there's an easier way to remove them.

2. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There was an old thread on this over a year ago.

http://priuschat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?...ickers+adhesive

It is not easy to do.

3. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    Those stickers are just like those tags on pillows and matresses and should not be removed under penalty of law.

Who wants to get pulled over and have that fine tossed on top of whatever other violation the officer is writing? Be safe.

I read it on the Internet so it must be true.

4. clongwor

clongwor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks, SeaSalsa!
    I had tried searching, but I guess I didn't use the right word combo. Anyway I really liked the suggestions to cover them with photos or other placards....maybe for some of those inflammatory political statements I always wanted to make, but was afraid of reprisals. This way I can tuck them away when necessary.

5. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    A friend used CD holders to cover his visors. Not only do they cover them but they offer convenient storage for the CD's.

6. BMcGraw

BMcGraw Member

HOW TO REMOVE - SUN VISOR WARNING STICKERS SAFELY

Use an iron set to medium and a damp white cloth. Place the cloth on the visor sticker, and iron till hot-steamy. Test the edge. With no resistance, peel slow while hot. WA LA OFF CLEAN...do not use the iron directly on label or it won't work and followup comment:

It came off clean. If you let it cool and some adhesive is on the visor, just use the dampened cloth and re-heat. It will stick to the cloth and not the visor. (pull off while hot) mine is clean as a whistle.