1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

seat covers- advice needed

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by 2ewes4me, Jun 5, 2007.

1. 2ewes4me

2ewes4me Junior Member

I searched for seat cover threads, but didn't see any lately that specifically address the 2007 side airbag issue.
    I see $39.99 covers on eBay (ExactFit?), and notice that a couple people here mention buying them. Could you share with us whether they fit properly with the side air bags- do they have cut-outs ??
    I can't spring for the fancy covers, and figure some covers would be better than none at all, but don't want to put on loose, ill-fitting covers that may not work properly with the airbags. I emailed exactFit, but haven't heard back yet from them.

Can any others share what type of moderately priced seat covers they are happy with and where they purchased them?
    Thanks much :)

2. tanglefoot

tanglefoot Whee!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I got exactfit sets for my and my parents' Prii and my grandparents' Camry. They work really well in the Prii. The fit is nice and custom and they're great for the price--most people don't know they're covers. They do have openings on the sides of the seats with flaps that tuck in so they don't obstruct the side airbags. You might mention you have side airbags in the Paypal comment area just to make sure you get the right ones.

The Camry covers are nice too except the mounting system on the driver's seat makes it a little hard to get good tension. The Prius covers use straps all around so they fit nice and tight.

The Ebay store has better prices than the exactfit web site.

Eric

3. huntergirlnc

huntergirlnc New Member

I also got the exactfit covers off Ebay (39.99) and was pleasantly surprised at how well they fit my Prius. No one (unless I point it out) realizes they are covers, as they match *almost* perfectly (I have the bisque interior and these are just the tiniest bit darker than the original seats - in fact, they match the beige plastic on the doors pretty much exactly) and they fit to a T. The install took a while, but still nothing major, just an hour out of my day. It also comes with headrest covers and the console cover, which I really needed cause that thing gets filthy in no time.

Oh yeah, and they do have cutouts/flaps for the side airbags. All in all, it's the best investment I've made in my Prius so far. My son would have ruined my interior by now :)

4. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(huntergirlnc @ Jun 5 2007, 09:19 AM) [snapback]455725[/snapback]</div>
    Well, my grandson has. But it's mostly the back seat, so I don't know if I could have found the proper seat covers for that. And it's too late now anyway.

Dave M.

5. tanglefoot

tanglefoot Whee!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The exact fit cover sets include the back seat, front seats, center console, back seat side bolsters, and all the headrests!

6. gottagetone

gottagetone Member

Same here, I also got those seat covers and they fit quite well. They do have the side cutouts for the side airbags, but my concern is whether these are tested so the airbags will deploy correctly. I know there is a tremendous amount of force when the airbags deploy, but I wonder if these seat covers will allow/prevent the airbags from deploying properly.

I only used the front seat covers.

PROS:
    fit pretty well
    great color matching
    excellent material
    machine washable
    for $39 these are a steal!

CONS(these are common):
    -some of the stitching could be straighter
    -out of the bag the material is wrinkled so an initial machine wash would make it look much nicer
    -no instructions, using the attachment straps is a shot in the dark. I learn that you needed to detach the factory seat cover on the back of the seat by releasing the elastic straps that clip to the underside of the front seats in order to run the bottom seat cover straps, then reattach the rear seat cover over it.
    - the seat cover sags a little on the rear of the front seat.