1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seat Covers and Airbags

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by gge5, Jan 5, 2007.

1. gge5

gge5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hey everyone. I just purchased an '07 Prius less than a week ago. I have plans to install the EV button this weekend and am putting in some grill insulation as well (it's 34f today). But I don't just want my Prius to have great mileage, I want it to look... sexy B)

I bought a pair of sporty seat covers and installed them last night. But this morning I remembered there was a tag on the side of the seats that said airbag! At this point I'm not sure what I should do. I realize safety's important, but I normally stay in town where the speed limit is 35. I've also heard there are covers that have cut-outs for side airbags. Where can I find them? I'm looking for something that's limited to gray, black, and red and looks fairly sleek.

I'm definitely enjoying my Prius by the way!

Thanks,
    Alan

Edit:
    Sorry, I had done a search before but it must not have been working at the time. I found http://www.coverkingcovers.com had some nice ones. I also looked at http://wetokole.net but their ordering page was kind of confusing. I'm thinking that I'll return the covers that I have currently and order some new ones online. Shame, as they're 4x as expensive... I'd rather have functioning airbags though.

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I know that Wet Okole and GT Seat Covers make seat covers that are designed with the side airbags in mind. I'm sure other seat cover makers do also, but you'd have to check.

I have GT seat covers (in gray), which I ordered from a Toyota dealer. It was actually cheaper than ordering online.

Welcome to the group! :)