1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

seat covers for a 7 seater prius v or prius + (with pictures)

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by raja, May 4, 2014.

1. raja

raja Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    I realise that the US prius v doesn't have 7 seats, but wondering if anyone who owns a 7 seater or knows of some covers that would work on the 7 seater version for the back row.

Also does the middle row have different dimensions on the 2 row prius v to the 7 seater type?

2. Offline

Offline Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The seat backs of the second row in the US Prius v are split "60/40" with each of the two backs reclining separately.

3. raja

raja Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    ah yes. you are right about the 60/40 The european prius+ and australian prius v has individual seats. I wasn't sure but i think the prius alpha japan has 7 seats too.

i spoke to clazio and they only make the 5 seater version.... darn, their seatcovers look sweet.

4. raja

raja Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    I finally found somewhere that makes seatcovers for the 7 seat version of the Prius v. They are in Ireland. I found them on the uk version of ebay by looking up prius plus, which I am guessing is the same as the australian prius v or japanese prius alpha. They are called carseatcoversdirect.

I'm still trying to figure out whether I should copy the clazzio design and ask for perforated leather inserts, Maybe i've been suckered into their marketing baloney.

#4 raja, May 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  5. raja

raja Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    leatherette seat covers for all 7 seats for the 7 seater prius v / prius plus ( prius + ) or prius alpha (?). from carseatcoversdirect

It took me ages to install, I even pulled off the plastic covers for the reclining release handles for the middle row and put them over the top of the seat covers to make it look neater.

sorry about the dusty camera lense.
    IMG_5631.JPG
    IMG_5625.JPG IMG_5626.JPG IMG_5628.JPG IMG_5631.JPG

#5 raja, May 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  6. raja

raja Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    I have some installation and before photos as well if anyone wants to see them.

#6 raja, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  7. raja

raja Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    this is what it looked like before I pulled off the plastic lever covers and put them over the top of the seat cover. Not sure if they were designed to have the plastic covers over the top, but I thought it looked better.
    IMG_5618.JPG

8. Oxy

Oxy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey thanks for the pics, looks good. How much does it cost landed in Oz?

9. raja

raja Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    it cost about 538 GBP including postage for all 7 seats. I added the option of seat pockets for the front seats and padding. The postage was faster than I expected. The guy I was emailing is Charlie Scott. They had lots of materials to choose from, but in the end I went with the black/charcoal.

I took quite a few photos so let me know if you want to see some more closeups.

#9 raja, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  10. Oxy

Oxy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for reply. That's about 1G AUD. I think you can get a complete re-trim to Italian leather for about $2500 here. Hmm have to think about this.

11. raja

raja Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    I didn't even think of that option... hrmmm oh well too late. I'm very happy with these ones, they feel great, and much less to worry about with the little kiddies.

#11 raja, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014