1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seat Covers For New Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lucky400, Jul 11, 2006.

1. lucky400

lucky400 New Member

We just took delivery of our new 2006 Prius, Driftwood Pearl on Friday, July 7, 2006. The interior is the ivory color and we are afraid our driver's side seat will show dirt and wear so we are looking for seat covers. Have any of you bought seat covers and if so where did you get them? We have seen some on the internet. Also we are concerned about the center console lid getting dirty and worn. Has anyone seen console covers or bought such a thing?

Our first trip was the second day we had the car and we drove from the Philadelphia area to Atlantic City and we averaged 46 miles per gallon. We took the Atlantic City Expressway down to AC and were going about 70 miles per hour the whole way. On the way home we took back roads at speeds averaging 55 to 60 mph. Our average for down and back was 46 miles per gallon. We are thrilled. Also we have heard that the mileage will get better after a break in period of about 5,000 miles.

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I have GT Seat Covers and they work fine. The front set comes with a center console cover. You can see some pictures of the front seats and back seats. Others have Wet Okole and are very happy with them. I believe you can also get a center cover from them.

The important thing is that if you have side airbags, the seat cover is set up for them. Both the GT and the Wet Okole are, but you must specify that you have side airbags.

Prius Hoods sells a leather center console cover.

3. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lucky400 @ Jul 11 2006, 11:39 AM) [snapback]284428[/snapback]</div>

Do a search on seat covers and you will find lots of info. :)

4. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(grasshopper @ Jul 11 2006, 12:23 PM) [snapback]284463[/snapback]</div>
    You might even want to consider getting leather seats as an aftermarket upgrade - mine cost me $995 + tax. Look at www.katzkin.com to get an idea of colors/combinations, and they list some installers, as well. My installer wasn't on their list, tho, so it pays to call around.

5. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have GT Covers - they wear well, stay clean and most people cannot tell they are seat covers.

6. FJRCRAZED

FJRCRAZED New Member

Hey lucky400, I'm in Wyndmoor. I have seat covers and a console cover. Not sure where I bought them (online) I'll have to check, but your more than welcome to stop by to take a look. Who did you buy from?

7. B Rad

B Rad New Member

I just ordered covers from http://wetokole.com/ will be getting them in a couple of weeks, and then will post some pics. They include a cover for the center arm rest, and at the price, they should. I found lots of options on the internet but have always heard nothing but good on the quality and fit of Wet Okole and can't see sticking cheap covers on a $25,000 + car.

8. lucky400

lucky400 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FJRCRAZED @ Jul 11 2006, 01:52 PM) [snapback]284505[/snapback]</div>

Hey, thanks for the offer. I bought the car from Ardmore Toyota. They just opened 7/3 and I think they had more Prius' because they had a grand opening on 7/3. I was lucky that I called them and they had a Prius available. I only had to wait a few days for the car to come in. So far we are very happy with it.

Also I just purchased the extended warranty from Toyota. Ardmore quoted me a price of $1150 for 100,000 miles, 6 years, 0 deductible. I decided to call dealers all around the area and was able to negotiate a price of $805.00 from Conicelli Toyota. I was really pleased with price and went over to Conicelli last night and paid for it. Also, what dealership are you going to use for maintenance, I was considering Sloane or Conicelli?

9. dancekat59

dancekat59 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The concensus seems to be GT Covers and Wet Okole for great quality and fit. However, if you want a great value for less than $100, check out Exact Fit Seat Covers which includes covers for the head rests, center console and the side area of the backseat.
    Their ebay store here sells a full set for $49 + $10 shipping:
    http://stores.ebay.com/Exact-Fit-Seat-Cove...0QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Or order direct here for $79 + $10 shipping (why the $30 difference, I don't know):
    http://www.exactseatcovers.com/

See a priuschat review of them here:
    http://priuschat.com/Seat-Cover-Review-t16631.html

10. alexeck

alexeck New Member

I'm curious -- I really like those WetOkele seat covers but I'm 6'2 and the Prius is already a tight fit for me -- any other tall folks out there who can attest to the additional discomfort adding a seat cover? I see it as a vital add-on, God knows just one spilled coffee will ruin the seat and I'd rather protect it.

<side grumbling> I do with Toyota didn't require you to buy a maxed out pack 9 just to get leather...

11. gpstogo

gpstogo New Member

Most economical way to replace fabric with upholstery?

I just picked up my 2008 Prius (metallic gray/#2 pkg). The dealership folks were all very nice but I'm worn out with their 'special' pricing just for me stories. One dealership even said the most economical way to upgrade to leather is to buy the base model and package I did then pay to have seats replaced. Much cheaper than paying for higher priced model with features I don't want.

Here's my question. Can anyone give me some ideas as to the best way to go about replacing the fabric with leather. My understanding is that dealers farm this out themselves so I'd like to skip them and go directly to someone who can do this. I'm retired so cost is an issue but I'll pay for quality service since its a long term investment for me.

I've never done anything like this before so I'd really appreciate any ideas/suggestions anyone might have. Has anyone here done this already who can share info? Thanks so much.