1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seat covers-nothing fancy

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by pdklee, Aug 5, 2007.

1. pdklee

pdklee New Member

I have a 2007 Prius (traded in the 04). I would like to get just some ordinary seat covers that aren't hard to install, but will allow my side air bags to work. Since my husband's stroke, I am doing all these odds and ends. I was checking different sites, but don't know exactly what area needs to be open. Will I fare best with just the seat covers offered by the Toyota Accessories site for about $130 a set, I think?

2. bankshot

bankshot New Member

I bought a set of "exact fit" covers from ebay for about $60 - they were a bit of trouble to install but that's mostly because I was going about it the wrong way at first. Here's the thread: My experience and pictures are on page 4.

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I got GT covers just for the front. Easy to install. And you specify you want the ones for airbags when you order.

4. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    There is a thread in the Care and Maintenance forum that reviews several seat covers and their installation.

5. Outbreak Monkey

Outbreak Monkey New Member

I think $130 sounds pretty reasonable..

I wish we had more suppliers/competition here is Australia.. There's a company here in Australia (Sperling) that does fitted covers for around $140-$200 AUD per row ($280-400 / set).. They looked fine, but I wasn't a fan of their designs/fabrics.

I ended up making my own (just completed the front seats, still need to do the rear).

They fit great and I went with a 'micro suede' so it feels all nice and smooth.

All up it'll have cost me around $300 (AUD) in fabrics, foam, glues, thread etc.. So yes, $130 doesn't sound bad at all! ;) -- Admittedly I could have gone for much cheaper fabrics and not worried about the foam backing etc..

Anyone else here in Australia (Brisbane?)?

I'd love to know who sells car covers and mats here (other than the standard 'Super Cheap' and 'Auto Pro' etc) ...

Cheers,
    Nik.

6. AOV

AOV New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Not sure if you need any suggestions anymore...
    I too was looking into seat covers, for the back. I went to "Seat Covers Unlimited", have dealt with them before. They do have them for a Prius, and I got a quote for $98 for non-shed imitation sheepskin, to match the front seats.