1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seat Covers

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by MattO, Apr 15, 2012.

1. MattO

MattO New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    I am really wanting to put some seat covers on the front seats to protect them from me ... coffee spills, sweat after the gym etc.

When I was in Australia I had some great sheepskin covers which I would love to get again.

Anyone know where I can get even faux sheepskin covers? I have been to a few places but all they have are crappy material ones.

I think I also read somewhere that they would need to accommodate the airbags in the Prius C but I could be wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Matt

2. givertex

givertex New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    I contacted katzkin.com to get an idea when they will have seat covers available... They have good quality seat covers. I'll let you know if I get a response.

3. Lunercrab

Lunercrab New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    I actually ordered some wet okole seat covers two weeks ago. I swear by them. Have them in my Tacoma.
    They have neoprene in them. Great for spills and such and comfortable too. They just happened to get the C's pattern in this month. I'll take pics when I get em.

SGH-I777 ?

4. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart The Techie Guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    afaik, they don't sell seat covers... they sell a complete replacement.. so you re-upholster your seats.. removing your old ones and install the katzkins.

clazzio makes good seat covers... if you want to look into them.

5. loaddown

loaddown Loaddown

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Okay, I got my Clazzios. I have looked at all the installation videos and the printed instructions and even called the company. How do you unhook the original bib flap from under the front seats? I can see the strap going under, but there are no hooks that I can find.
    Those of you who have done this, please tell me what you found.

6. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    They are wrapped around the seat bracing "bars". Look at it from the front of the seat and you'll see how to unwrap the strap. It looks funny but just start moving the strap and it will make sense. :)

7. loaddown

loaddown Loaddown

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks, that makes sense. I will try again tomorrow. Couldn't bear to cut the straps.

8. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No worries. Just stick your head under from the front. Locate the part of the strap closest to you and pull it towards your face and you'll see how it is wrapped on those bars. :)

9. jj547

jj547 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Please post pics of the seat covers when you're done loaddown :) I also ordered the clazzio seat covers in November and they should arrive in a month or 2.

And could you tell us if the installation requires any of the seats to be removed? Thanks :)

10. loaddown

loaddown Loaddown

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    View attachment 45250 View attachment 45251 View attachment 45252 View attachment 45253 View attachment 45254
    Well, I survived! 'F8L' was right about the original front seat bottom straps being a loop that wrapped around a support under the seat. Feeling from the front gives you access to this strap, then you just pull it to you until it comes off it's mounting. I couldn't see it, so no picture. The directions just say to "take off the parts on the back side". That meant to detach the strap to the original 'bib'. Then you fold it up under the new back cover that comes next after the bottom is installed.
    This was a job that really took some manhandling but the videos show the main trick of turning the seat back covers inside out except for a few inches before trying to pull them on.

Cut your nails and get ready for abrasions for this job. The instructions do not mention anything about removing any seats. Their being mounted gives you a firm hold. I chose all black because they were in stock and guaranteed. I would have at least ordered colored stitching - maybe blue to match the trim.

Attached Files:

acere, ftl and F8L like this.
  11. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice work! The came out even better than mine. My back seat area needs some massaging but I'm waiting until my cuts heal. LOL

12. jj547

jj547 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the pics loaddown, looks good :)

13. shawnfrontier

shawnfrontier New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I'm impressed, those look great. I think they look better than my seats in my 4 does :)

14. LuxCrawford

LuxCrawford New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I didn't see anyone respond regarding the seat covers compromising the side air bags. Anyone know? I haven't been able to get a straight answer regarding the Prius C. I had to settle for light grey upholstery in my car but I'm sure I'll need covers eventually. Until I know, only bottled water allowed in my car :-p