1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seat covers?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Zeus661, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Zeus661

Zeus661 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am looking for good seat covers to protect the seats. What does anyone recommend?

2. dih706

dih706 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Interested in the same thing. For my new Sea Glass Pearl Prius.... love it by the way!! want to keep the seats nice but don't want to spend a fortune. I'm looking at the semi-custom FHGroup ones that are on Amazon. They have their own website with a couple of helpful videos on how to install them that give you a good idea of what they are really like. They look pretty good for $50 to $70 range. Airbags will work. The front buckets look like they will fit nice and I like how the back has 3 central zippers for customizing, and still using the flip down center. I may do a little sewing on that and get it even more fitted in that area. What do you all think of them? Got any other advice in the below $100 range?

3. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just picked up a low cost fake leather cover for my driver's seat today, $30 one size fits all, says it has breakaway seam for airbag. It's Auto Expressions brand, Enzo model I think. I've used that brand before and they are a better brand in low end range. One thing to be careful about with fake leather covers is that no 'leather' surface inside lays on OEM fabric (if you have fabric), 'cause it could transfer color, not good.
    It's a wee bit baggy, but for a one-size fits all, low back type, it's pretty good.

Kraco Auto Expressions | Auto Expressions is now Kraco

In high end leather seat covers, Clazzio said to be very good. They go over the OEM upholstery. Fit tight, good quality. word is to avoid 'clazzioseatcoversdotcom, but use this one

Clazzio Seat Covers - Customizable Leather Seat Covers - FREE SHIPPING on orders over $350

Today is first time I've had anything like leather (even though it's fake) in my car and I prefer the softer feel. Fabric grabs on clothes which i don't like. Maybe neoprene waterproof covers have a good feel. Wet Okole is a good popular brand for those.

4. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

One company GT Covers advertises 'exact fit' . Their website seems good, and my servicing Toyota dealer used to advertise GT Covers in the parts area, maybe they still do, haven't noticed.

Exact Fit Seat Covers - GTCovers.com