1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

seat covers?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Mochabuzz, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Mochabuzz

Mochabuzz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I'm thinking about getting a seat cover for my prius . I have leather seats & find that they get very hot in summer? Any recommendations?
    I'm considering wooden bead covers from amazon. Just wondering.... Thanks in advance. :)

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    i have heard those wooden bead covers are comfy; i hope they don't deform the leather.

3. sidecar

sidecar Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    sheepskin top covers
    only thing is, the thicker they are the higher you sit

but they generally make seats more comfortable as they form fit to an extent
    and they are suitable for both summer and winter

4. Mochabuzz

Mochabuzz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Thanks for the advice. I just ordered some $32 wooden bead seat cover....
    We'll see how it works.
    :)

5. vskid3

vskid3 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have a wooden bead seat cover in my '06 Escape. It's surprisingly comfy, but not much different than the seat itself. It is much nicer to sit on when it is hot than the leather when you first get in. I can't really tell a difference as far as the airflow it supposedly allows, but the AC isn't working that great to begin with.

6. DrD_priusnerd

DrD_priusnerd New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hmmm....I use a cheapie seat pad on the driver's side. I wonder if there is a nicer version?

7. Prius904

Prius904 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have "wetback" syndrome and beaded seat covers save me the embarrassment of getting out of a car with the backside of my shirt soaked. Been using beads for last 4 or 5 years in the hot florida sun and will probably use them forever.
    Some people say it makes it look like a foreign taxi driver drives my car lol, I don't care.

I just bought a used prius with nice seats, and im hoping to protect that investment with seat covers, then beads on top of that. I saw a set of covers at walmart for 24 bucks that matched my interior. Just mentioning this because if you are wanting to protect your seats, liquid and other stuff can easily slip through the beads and stain your seat.