1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seat Covers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by chezypuffs, Apr 5, 2006.

1. chezypuffs

chezypuffs New Member

Does anyone sell stain/water resistent seat covers for the 2006 Prius? I had these really cool ones for my Honda Element that were made out of wetsuit material that were perfect. They kept water off the real seats and when they got dirty I just threw them in the washing machine. I have dogs and I don't want them destroying my new Prius with dirt they bring in on their paws. The wetsuit material ones also don't hold on to the dog hair so it makes it easier to vacuum.

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Are you talking about the Wet Okole Seat Covers? They make them for the 2004-2005 Prius and they may for the 2006.

3. chezypuffs

chezypuffs New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Apr 5 2006, 12:55 PM) [snapback]235317[/snapback]</div>
    aaf709 - Do you have these? This is exactly what I am looking for. I just want to make sure that I find something that will really fit the seats.

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chezypuffs @ Apr 5 2006, 10:20 AM) [snapback]235341[/snapback]</div>
    No, I have the GT Seat Covers. There are Prius owners (I don't know if they have 2006 or not) that have the Wet Okole and like them a lot.

5. Cruising7388

Cruising7388 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Apr 5 2006, 10:25 AM) [snapback]235348[/snapback]</div>
    GT does have a model of Prius Covers that are fully waterproof. The material is a little stiffer than the velour models but they fit quite nicely. If you order GT covers for the Prius be SURE to ask for the
    installation instructions designed for the Prius. The generic instructions are useless.

6. Bill Lumbergh

Bill Lumbergh USAF Aircraft Maintainer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Do a search on this site for "wet okole seat covers" and several threads will pop up. I've got a set and they're great.

7. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Before ordering seat covers, check to ensure that you won't be trapping the side airbag. I think it's located inside the seat back.

8. jupitercrash

jupitercrash New Member

What seat cover would be best for dogs? I have a yellow lab who loves to hike and tracks dirt in the car, is often wet, and sheds a lot. So I need a seat cover that is easy to clean of dirt and dog hair, and also is waterproof.

Are the Wet Okole a good bet for this? How about the GT waterproof covers? Are there others I should consider? I got a little freaked out from the Wet Okole site where it has you agree that the seats may need to be removed to install the cover. Is that true for the Prius?? Ideally I would like to have a cover I can remove for cleanings and for when I want my car to be less doggy.

9. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I don't have them for my Prius, but do have them for my Tacoma and they fit great and have cut outs for the side airbags which you must let them know if you have them. Along with the threads here check out this Tacoma thread for pictures and comments about Wet Okole covers.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t102504-7.html
    Last picture is of a wet black Lab on WO covers.
    My neighbor has 4 dogs and a Prius with the Wet Okoles and is very happy with them.

10. PriusChatJeff

PriusChatJeff New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(koa @ Feb 26 2007, 01:11 PM) [snapback]396807[/snapback]</div>

Also - Costco sells seatcovers by coverking made out of wetsuit neoprene with a matching armrest cover online. Might be a little hot for AZ summers but for the rest of the world they may be perfect. B)

11. s.e.tx_parrothead

s.e.tx_parrothead New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My hubby has the wet okole covers for his 89 Toyota truck and loves them..We have two small dogs, a Jack Russell and a Rat Terrier, that shed and find every mud puddle they can find and all we have to do is wipe down the seats when they get muddy. Although I have the leather with the LiquiCell in my Prius, i am looking to get a seat cover for the backseat just because of the dogs and their sharp little nails. The Wet Okole does have covers for the 2006...just make sure that you let them know that you have the side airbags. The staff there was great when the DH ordered his. They had a problem with the size and called as soon as they noticed the problem. We were impressed with the fact that they called and not just send a seat cover that didn't fit. Will definately do business with them again.