1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seat Covers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Tracy2, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Tracy2

Tracy2 New Member

I know that seat covers are not to be used with cars equiped with side impact airbags. But does anyone know of any seat covers that can be safely used. My seats are tan and they have taken a real beating this winter.

2. highroute

highroute New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tracy2 @ Apr 18 2006, 07:37 PM) [snapback]241874[/snapback]</div>
    You do need to use seat covers that are specifically designed for seats that contain airbags. One retailer of which I am aware that makes seat covers specifically tailored for Toyota Prius seats with airbags is GT Covers.

3. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Another is the Wet Okole seat covers. Whatever one you want, make sure to get the ones for the airbag.

4. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tracy2 @ Apr 18 2006, 09:37 PM) [snapback]241874[/snapback]</div>
    I use sheepskin covers that were made for seats without side airbags. Took them to an upholsterer and had him cut the sides out of the back part (both sides so they look even). They look a bit like a waistcoat - no sleeves. The part cut away is ample for the airbag to inflate uninpeded.

5. FJRCRAZED

FJRCRAZED New Member

6. DrMck

DrMck New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I have some very nice seat covers overseas, I doubt they are airbag compatable. Do you have a picture or a description of the area to cut out? I can not find one anywhere.

Thanks