1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seat Heater Install/Wiring under flying bridge on 2012

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Heresjohnnee, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Heresjohnnee

Heresjohnnee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I want to install driver and passenger side aftermarket seat heaters in my 2012 Prius 2. I'd like to mount each switch underneath the flying bridge near the factory location. Chime in if you have done this or if you've disassembled the center console and can explain how to. It'd be great to create a resource for others trying to do the same.

Wiring Options: (I'm a novice)
    I'm hoping to run the wiring from under each seat, into the center console and tap into whatever is behind the factory blank

-OR-

Run it from under each seat, then under each door sill, then under the dash, and finally have them meet behind the factory switch.

Roadblocks:
    -not sure how to take apart the console to get the wiring into it
    -not able to solder, so need to use taps/connectors (again, novice)

I've searched the forum at length and have found no comprehensive, or even conclusive instructions for doing this.

2. silverone

silverone Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    While I don't have experience putting this in the Gen 3, I can tell you that the Dorman universal kit is very good.

I chose to use an Add-a-Fuse kit rather than the fuse-tap that comes as a part of the package. I only needed to extend the power wire, and just used crimp-on butt splice to extend it rather than anything soldered.

Have you seen the USB Install PDF in the following thread? Seems like it has a good bit of info on the center console.

Good luck

Center Armrest removal? | PriusChat