1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seat Height Adjuster vs. Seat Remount - Checking them Out

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by cycledrum, May 23, 2009.

1. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok, so I bolted the 07 Corolla seat with height adjuster (forward handle) and Prius feet into my 2009 and just sat in it.

As expected, the seat can go down a couple inches further (more headroom!), but not back further much at all (barely more legroom:( ) (I could see the Prius round bar at rear bottom was already above the plastic notch that the Corolla bar curves down into when height adjuster is lowered)

So, for someone with shorter legs and long torso (head almost hitting ceiling), height adjuster might be a good mod, albeit a lot of work to re-upholster and move Prius airbag, seatbelt and position sensor over. Or build Corolla rack into Prius bottom like jelloslug.

Here's the Corolla seat -

IM002472.jpg

Next, I removed the Prius mounting feet from Corolla seat, bolted them into floorboard, layed the 06 Prius seat with extenders, then clamped down. It's about 2.75" shift back.

Much better legroom even with 2 more clicks available to go back. I had the extenders made so the seat is not lifted or lowered at all. Moving back adds thigh support .

I'm mostly legs and not real long torso, so, I'm going to proceed with this seat shift mod which nyprius had done and some others did themselves.

06 Prius seat below. Some tricky steps coming up like re-tacking the extenders (they are a bit crooked) and drilling, bolting, tacking back mounts, then eventually welding.

btw, this seat came out of a dismantled 06 Prius. The front and back of the car were sawed off, only front front passenger cabin left. I'm like ... that's a Prius? But the seat is pretty darn good and clean, just a little surface rust underneath.

Maybe Prius seats can be purchased online and shipped, but I bought local and snagged one of only a few within 100 miles.

IM002473.jpg

2. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    by the way, the Corolla and Prius seat units weighed in at ...

Corolla driver seat w/o airbag, w/ height adjuster - 41 lbs.

Prius driver seat w/ airbag - 39 lbs.

each weighed twice.