1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SEATAC help; Pretty Please!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cyberprius, Apr 22, 2008.

1. cyberprius

cyberprius Mtn Bikes don't need foglights

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I am meeting a number of "old college friends" at SeaTac in July and then driving them to Anacortes so we can go off on a trip into the Sound. We'll be staying on the islands, kayaking, etc for a week or so. No men...at least at first. :D

Problem is that although I have "done" the San Juans a number of times, I have never slept around SeaTac-- OK reading this over I know WHAT you are thinking so stop!! :mad:

So anyway, my poor baby Prius is a country girl, used to dealing with mice and spiders, but not with car thieves and molesters.

So, if a woman was looking to stay at a motel/hotel within striking distance of SeaTac and then driving to the airport to pickup her friends and then driving to the ferry landing,,,,,anyone have any somewhat safe place to recommend where a country Prius and her owner might stay without fearing for her life or spending $$$$$$$$$$.:confused: Or, if I have to spend lots, at least make it worth it....;)

Ok, it's late here...all of 10 p.m. and this is the fourth time I've read this through, but just so we are clear....I am looking at driving from Oregon on Saturday, picking up the "girls" on Sunday and driving to the ferry landing on Sunday afternoon. So, I need a place to stay on Saturday night other than the Prius....

Any hints...
    Kristi...

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi Kristi,

I suggest that you spend more and stay in a decent place to increase the likelihood of a pleasant stay. Consulting the AAA Oregon & Washington TourBook, the following hotel properties adjacent to the airport seem promising; all rated three diamonds:
    • Clarion Hotel
    • Comfort Inn & Suites-Sea Tac
    • Doubletree Hotel Seattle Airport
    • Radisson Hotel Gateway
    • Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport
    • Seattle Marriott Sea-Tac
    My guess is that a one-night stay will be ~$150. Good luck...

3. cyberprius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks for your effort. I was hoping someone local, since there seem to be a lot of people in the Seattle area, might chime in with a place a bit removed from the airport.

But thinking more about it, closer would be better! Not like I am going to be doing anything other than arriving at 9:30 p.m. and departing at 6:30 a.m.

Think I will start with the Red Lion. Dear old dad used to take us to a Red Lion in Eureka when I was young when we used to tour the redwoods....
    K.

4. sugar land dave

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I lived 23 years there. You probably do not want to stay close to the airport. I would recommend one of the hotels in Renton. Very efficient police there!

5. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I would try Tukwilla/Southcenter Mall area. It is just a couple of miles and a straight shot up the hill to the airport.

Just take a right off I-5 onto I-405 to the Tukwilla exit.

Here is some of the lodging available there.

Have a fun trip.

Best Western Southcenter. 15901 West Valley Highway, Seattle, WA 98188. Phone: 425-226-1812; 1-800-544-9863; Fax: 425-226-1812.

Comfort Suites. 7200 Fun Center Way, Tukwila, WA 98188. Phone: 425-227-7200; Toll-free: 1-800-4-CHOICE; Fax: 425-687-2858. E-mail

Days Inn South Seattle/ Tukwila. </SPAN>13050 48th Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98168</SPAN>. </SPAN>Phone: 206-241-2200; Toll-free: 1-800-228-5151; Fax: 206-246-0222. </SPAN>E-mail</SPAN>

Courtyard by Marriott at Southcenter. 400 Andover Park West, Seattle, WA 98188. Phone: 206-575-2500; Toll-free: 1-800-321-2211; Fax: 206-575-0129. E-mail

6. catsbox

catsbox Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I would have to agree with staying at Southcenter. The Marriott there is nice. I would be very worried about car prowls at any hotel next door to the airport, not to mention the noise. Another option you could consider is parking your car at a secure lot, like SeaTac Park, and take their shuttle to the airport. Then, take a cab to a hotel nearby if you want to stay that close. Parking at SeaTac Park is cheap and secure.

7. cyberprius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hmmm.....OK, you guys are making me rethink this, which is what I need.

Thanks for the help!!! Love ya!!:D
    Kristi

8. Grocked

Grocked Green Patriot

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Kristi,

I live in Los Angeles and I'd love to help you out but oh well. Now, having said that, just write in your post that you want to "crash" at someone's place. Simple. Then, you can screen out the freaks and more than likely you'll stay with someone cool! There are so many good people in Seattle it'd be a shame to stay at a sucky hotel. Good luck.

plus... you look beautiful (if that's you in your avatar) and seem very nice so what idiot wouldn't want to host you for a night. Who stays at hotels anyways?!

9. cyberprius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks for the kind words,,,,I DO have a relative in Redmond, but it is a bit far from SeaTac and since it is a bit of a dash and drop sort of thing, it would not be fair to show up, drop out and dash out. Same sort of thing for staying with anyone in the area...besides not sure anyone would trust me not to make off with the silverware.

It IS me in the photo, but it was taken about 2 years ago, and I have developed a couple of warts and my nose has grown out about six inches or so since then....not to mention the clubfoot and....

10. Grocked

Grocked Green Patriot

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You had me at "clubfoot"...:crutch: :wub: You'd better stop there or you WILL bring out the freaks! And not the cool ones : ) Of course it's cool to crash and cut. It's Seattle!

11. ibmindless

ibmindless Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Kristi,

I live and work in Renton. There is a Hilton Garden Inn and a Marriot Spring Hill Suites next door to my work that seems like it would work nicely for you. It's about 5-7 miles from the airport, right off the I-405 and near several good restaurants. Let me know if I can get you any info.

12. theborghomeworld

theborghomeworld New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Los Angeles person here too.

If it's night, etc, I walk with my head up and purposefully - as if I knew exactly what I was doing (even if I was lost, etc.). It's a lot less likely that a crook will bother that type of person (they're looking for someone they can surprise). (I do stay far away from Compton, etc, however!)

Also, never leave anything that looks valuable in your car (cell phones, GPS units, even GPS mounts!!!! they'll know a GPS unit is in there somewhere!) Don't leave maps lying around, etc. I actually keep the passenger area empty, so it looks like nothing is there. Anything else, even a bag, goes in the rear under the cargo cover.

You should be fine. Have fun! :D

13. sugar land dave

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Renton is the place for safety. If anything happens, about 5 police cars show up. Their response time used to be about 3minutes. Everyone there knew this and acted accordingly. There used to be a great little hotel right where Hwy 67 meets I-405.

Tukwilla is closer to the airport, but full of truckers. Southcenter might be a nice choice if you can find a good price.