1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seatbelt Beeping

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Ptpiz, May 27, 2004.

1. Ptpiz

Ptpiz New Member

When you drive a prius, it automatically starts beeping at you when you don't have your seatbelt on, and i LOVE THAT (because sometimes I forget). I would also like to be able to get the passenger seatbelt to also beep if they are not wearing their seatbelt, but it only shows the little red icon at the dashboard.

I have tried the way that is explained in the KB (which is the same as disabling rear drive beeping), but it does not work? Is there anything else that I can do? Does anyone know the REAL way?

2. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I want that too. Friends at school don't always bother putting on their seat belt and I "assume" that they have it on. But what if they didn't and was pulled over. A beep for them would be great.

3. Ptpiz

Ptpiz New Member

EXACTLY!!! Thats why I want it... so that i dont have to keep checking my teen friends for seatbelts!

4. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Lol. I have always been aware of the wires under the seat since I installed my seat covers. I think there might be a way to wire one in under the seat and connect it to the wires that run out of the buckle. I am sure someone here knows a way.

5. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    The buzzer should be there per the repair manual. I may search it at home (Don't have a searchable PDF viewer installed here under Linux) and try it for grins. I'll let you know what I find.

-Rick

6. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Just a heads-up, if you decide to do this realize that it will beep if you ever put anything on the passenger seat. So, you have books in your bookbag, or put a box on the seat for some reason, you're beeping all the way home.

It's weight sensored, not "human's nice person" sensored. :)

7. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That is why I wouldn't want it. I toss my book bag on there quick and high tail it out of the parking lot before all the other students get to their car. :D

8. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, & Drapanos, Crete, G
    You must have heavy books :lol: