1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seatbelt - Torn - Suggestions

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by PriusPH, Jan 16, 2022.

1. PriusPH

PriusPH Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon

I'm curious if anyone else has had the seatbelt wear through where is come out of the molding on a 2012 Prius v wagon.

My daughter was trying to put on her seatbelt and was complaining she couldn't get it on. I was surprised to see how much it was worn through / or was cut. I don't have any idea how this could have happened.

I've attached a couple pictures, an I'm interested it know if anyone else has had this issue.

I'm going to take it in to the shop next week, however I though I would check this forum first to see if anyone else has had this issue.

Thanks!

Seatbelt 1.jpg
    Seatbelt 2.jpg

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Appears to have been chewed, perhaps by the pre-tensioner behind the trim, though I’ve never seen that occur naturally on any car with rear belts. I have seen the results of a dog chewing the belt, but yours is not such a case.

#2 Air_Boss, Jan 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  3. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Let Toyota have a look. They've been known to do free replacements of safety gear long past any regular warranty limit.