1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

seatbelt warranty?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dixieprius, Jan 27, 2006.

1. dixieprius

dixieprius New Member

I've never had an accident or anything like that, but the bolt that holds the seatbelt clasp in place (passenger side, front seat) fell off the other day... so I took it in to my Toyota shop, and they told me it's not under warranty! So, I have an appointment for Monday morning... and the estimate is about $200 to fix the thing, since they have to take the seat out (2 hrs labor) to replace the $6 bolt.

I might just be really cheap, but somehow it doesn't seem right at all that the seatbelt isn't under warranty... to me, that seems like a no-fail item, and if it does fail, then they should certainly fix it for free. GRRR. :angry:

Have any of y'all had this problem?

2. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I agree with you... I'm suprised this isn't covered.

3. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

It would help if you gave the year of your car and its mileage.

4. TimBikes

TimBikes New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I bet it is covered. There is probably some NHSTA rule about how long a safety related system has to remain workable. If not, I would call 800-Toyota and talk to them. The last thing they want is for somebody to have an accident and then file a lawsuit over failure of a $6 safety part.

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    it's covered under the 3/36 warranty, but not the extended warranty. need more info about your car. year and mileage would be nice.

you're getting screwed if they're charging you more than an hour to do that.