1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seats, covers, and side airbags

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Doc Willie, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I see a tag on the side of my passenger seat that says "Side Airbags". I have also seen side airbag compatibility mentioned in connection with replacement seat covers.

What is the deal here? Is some part of the airbag located in the seat. I thought all that stuff was built into the side of the car.

Looking forward to learning something.

2. prius2go

prius2go Member

yup
    the side airbag is often in the seat

Ive been checking out seat covers and many of them dont say whether they are compatible

3. Blue Hoosier

Blue Hoosier New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prius2go @ Sep 15 2007, 10:31 AM) [snapback]512986[/snapback]</div>

If you go to GTcovers.com, they have seat covers for the Prius at $169.00. They ask whether you want side airbags or not. Also, if you go to Toyotapartsstore.com, they have the seat covers (they get from GT) for $129. This cover would include a flap for the airbag that comes out of the side of the seat. :)

4. kdailey356

kdailey356 New Member

There are airbags lined on the left and right side of the roof that drop down in an event of a roll-over or side impact. Also, for your abdomen protection there is an airbag that is built into the seat, the explodes out of it coalating with the airbags for your head/shoulder. It is dangerous to put a non-compatable side airbag seat cover on...

5. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hesham99 likes this.
  6. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hmmm. ya learn somethin' every day.

7. savrip

savrip Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I will have to not recommend these seat covers I found on eBay. While assembling the back seat the zipper split under light pressure. When I tried to fix it the metal tab came off in my fingers. Probably better off going high end, but I wanted something that was functional that I wouldn't mind my kids messing up. However, if they don't really work in the first place they aren't of value.

Attached Files: