1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seattle area dealer with relatively short waiting list

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Bob Allen, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hi: Toyota of Lake City in Seattle is making deliveries of new Prii within 4 months, according to the sales guy I talked to this morning when I brought HUMU in for the fuel gauge TSB. They are moving cars fast enough that Toyota has given them priorty delivery. This may be dealer hype, but I'm inclined to believe him.
    The cars have a second sticker of 1900 bucks; about par for this area, although some dealers are asking 5k over msrp.
    Also: leather seats are available through Toyota of Lake City for 1200 bucks installed. I saw a Prius that had them and they look smart. I'm not a fan of leather seats myself, but I thought I'd pass this on.
    A moonroof option is also available for about 1400 bucks. I imagine it would be a dicey installation given the arc of the roofline, but it can be done.
    It might be a factory option for the 2005 year. The sales guy is going to get back to me with more details.
    Since Toyota has consolidated the option packages into just two models, the production line should move faster. Productiion is ramping us as they keep telling us, and there are more Prii showing up on lots; maybe the surcharge madness will abate soon.
    If you do go to Toyota of Lake City, ask for James Cosgrove. You can reach him by phone: 206-818-5434. Please mention my name, Bob Allen,
    when you do call him. Most dealers will pay 50-75 bucks for a new customer referral.
    Bob

2. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Thanks for the info, Bob! It does sound like the increased production is starting to have an effect.

Huh! A moonroof. Not anything I'm interested in, but intriguing.