1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seattle Area dealers

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Hryb, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Hryb

Hryb electic

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hey folks, the wife and I decided to get a Prius...but we are looking for the right dealer in the Seattle (eastside) area. I'd also like the name of a good sales person as well. I have not been impressed with the sales folks I have interacted with.
    Finally, what's the best way to get in and out with out to much BS?

TIA

2. jdl1787

jdl1787 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hryb @ Jan 2 2007, 12:44 AM) [snapback]369358[/snapback]</div>
    I don't have any places to suggest but would not recommend Toyota of Seattle where I bought mine, for the simple reason that Toyota of Seattle doesn't have loaner cars. When I bought my 2005 Prius there, they had a 5-6 month waiting list and MSRP was the going rate. I chose them because they were closest and didn't require a deposited to get on the waiting list. The purchase was with minimum hassle but when I asked about being provided with a loaner car during maintenance, "oh sure, we can work that out" was the tune of the reply. Toyota of Seattle does not supply loaner cars and so getting them is like pulling teeth.

I just passed 15k miles on my Prius and have no regrets (well, just the interior, I don't like the standard fabric and wish I'd paid extra for leather).

Good Luck

3. razzledazzlebee

razzledazzlebee New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hryb @ Jan 1 2007, 11:44 PM) [snapback]369358[/snapback]</div>
    I just bought my Package 2 up here in Bellingham. We have a lower sales tax (8.6%) and they're offering $1000 off sticker on all Prii until the end of the month. I went through Jeff Brown & RJ Harkin.

Also, make sure to mention Costco pricing on the extended warranty. At this dealership, they have a 100% money back program on the extended warranty if you don't use it. I got the warranty for $1490 ($2700=regular price). Good buying experience. Good luck, if you haven't gotten something yet.

4. nottagasguzzler

nottagasguzzler New Member

We got our 06 at lake City Toyota. they have a friendly, diverse sales staff. Go in knowing wxactly what you want. get in writing, and say no to all the add ons. They've got lots of prius on their lot to choose from. I'd recommend Tony Smith. Happy shopping!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hryb @ Jan 1 2007, 08:44 PM) [snapback]369358[/snapback]</div>

5. chriswei

chriswei New Member

My quote from Lake City was $1200 more than from Burien Toyota. Obviously, I bought from Burien.

YMMV.