1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seattle area owners!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by surfacinglove, Apr 27, 2007.

1. surfacinglove

surfacinglove New Member

Ok,
    I realize now after buying a Prius a few weeks ago that I see like 15 a day commuting. They're everywhere in the Seattle area! So I'm just wondering how many people from the Seattle area are on this forum.

Also, looking for a good ~35% window tint job in the area. I saw another Black Prius a few times now around here with a really dark tint and it just looks freaking awesome. Like a stealth bomber or something... Anyone have any recommendations?

2. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There are several of us.

3. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seasalsa @ Apr 27 2007, 12:04 PM) [snapback]431298[/snapback]</div>
    I'd suspect a lot more than several. There are at least 3 in the Spokane area.

Dave M.

4. OlsonBW

OlsonBW New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(surfacinglove @ Apr 27 2007, 11:21 AM) [snapback]431263[/snapback]</div>
    I live in Federal Way and commute in my Prius to downtown Seattle.

5. razzledazzlebee

razzledazzlebee New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I live 100 miles north of Seattle, in the Bellingham area.

6. elexcollins

elexcollins Junior Member

I live in Tacoma, see about 10 aday
    Bill

7. Prianista

Prianista Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome. Please share a picture of your car, that is if you can get bear to get out from behind the wheel long enough to take one. ;)

8. acheslow

acheslow New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I probably also see about 15 a day commuting between Bothell and Redmond. I also notice them more now that I own one :D

9. LazyBear

LazyBear New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    A former one

10. CheshRcat

CheshRcat New Member

Another one here...In fact, there are 4 of them in my family around the local area.

I had my window tinting installed on my car just after I bought it -- under $200 and well worth while in my opinion. I don't know about places in Seattle, but I can recommend Lifetime Window Tinting in Tacoma on South Tacoma Way. The folks there were really great the work with, did a fantastic job, and weren't too expensive.

11. johnny51981

johnny51981 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I live in Kent and work in Puyallup. It's actually somewhat rare that I see them. It's not that they aren't out there...I'm just not paying attention to other people's cars. I'm more focused on the toys in mine and changing the music on my iPod. :)

12. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well i live in olympia and work at the port of olympia and i see probably a hundred a day since the state has mandated the use of alternative fuel, electric and hybrids by all state fleets. the city has also embraced the idea as well. Wa State did rank like 5th in the nation for Prius by sheer numbers, but by capita we are like 2nd only to the DC metro area (mostly because of their hybrid exemption policies)

13. johnny51981

johnny51981 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Do we still get the tax credit for having a hybrid here in Washington?

14. daveleeprius

daveleeprius Heh heh heh you think so?

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Another one here. I live in Newcastle and work in downtown Seattle. My wife and I usually see a few dozen a day, we often see two or three at a time.

As people start having to spend near $100 to fill up their SUVs, I'm sure we'll see more! :lol:

Dave

15. chappie

chappie New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    :ph34r: I humm around Olympia and frequently can be found driving to Bellevue for meetings. I use to hate the traffic jams getting to and from Bellevue. Now I sit back and watch my miles per gallon creep higher and higher as the batteries take over the motivational duties at those slower speeds.

Look for the 07 red touring prius with Idaho plates and a Boise State Bronco plate frame on the back. Perhaps a run up Mt St Helens one Saturday? Yes a prius rally, a prally so to speak to see just how many are in the Seattle area! Gather the masses for good food, frivolity and story telling!

16. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    2 miles south of downtown Seattle in Columbia City. There's another Seaside Pearl on my block.

17. mrodwick

mrodwick New Member

I live in Madison Valley (formerly know as the Central District). There are 3 Prii on my street alone. Walking down the hill from 23rd to about 28th, there are 5 more and also a Honda Insight and 3 Civic Hybrids (2 are FlexCars). It's kind of comedic. I just ordered an '07 Prius and had to make my color choice based on wanting to be different from all the other Prii in the neighborhood. I settled on Magnetic Grey. I think I still want to add decals just to stand out a little!

18. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm way out on the coast, in Grays Harbor... we tool about Olympia frequently, though, as we have friends and shopping up there on a regular basis.

I plan on having any service work done on my Prius (Rudy) in Olympia.

19. kcrocker

kcrocker New Member

Just bought a Black one and live out in Issaquah. Microsoft has a fleet of white Prius for use as shuttles between buildings/campus, so if your're in the Redmond/Bellevue area you'll see many many white MS Prius. In addition to the shuttles, I usually see three or four just walking in the parking lot each day.

I was on 405 today in slowly rolling traffic...never before has that not bothered me...now i just quietly roll along.

I am considering a window tint. I'd love to see another Black with a tint around here to check it out.

20. zzyzx

zzyzx Junior Member

Huh? Wha? I'm awake!!

Yeah traffic jams sure are wonderful with the Prius, aren't they? I didn't use a drop of gas (no 5 minute bar at all, as opposed to 99 mpg bar) between the Aurora Bridge and the Battery Street tunnel the other day and I was stoked about the slowness.