1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seattle ordering question

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by EricC, Aug 5, 2005.

1. EricC

EricC New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I know some Priuschat members have ordered from Bob Bridge Toyota in Renton and had a question for them. I went in and talked to a salesman last week. He took down all my info as far as the package I want and got me set up in the computer. He did not take a deposit for it, something I was surprised about because I had heard they took something like a $500 deposit. I may hold out for a 2006 now that the new tax credit has passed and he told me that was not a problem, we could just change the package once the specs are out. He said that he would keep me posted about what the allotment would be and once one showed up in the system that was the color and package I wanted we would attach my name to it. I was wanting to find out if this is the way they normally handel it. I expected to order a specific car that would be "mine" from the start and I would have a delivery date and all that. I just want to make sure that he handled it correctly and that I won't keep getting passed over for a Prius because it was not ordered the correct way and I won't ever actually get a car. Never having ordered a car before I just want to make sure everything was done the right way. Thanks!