1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seattle to Portland Trip Review

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by daveleeprius, Dec 10, 2006.

1. daveleeprius

daveleeprius Heh heh heh you think so?

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Wife and I drove our new 07 Prius from Seattle to Portland on Saturday and returned today. I drove as I always do, between 70-75mph the whole way down. There were headwinds on the Southbound leg and a lot of rain on the Northbound leg today.

Overall the car got great milage, 43.5 according to the MFD.

The driving position does leave a bit to be desired however, and I found I had to adjust the seat to a very upright position so my arms weren't too far away from the steering wheel, and my legs weren't too close to the pedals. I am 5'6" so I should fit this car, but no other car I've owned has had this problem. The steering wheel is simply too far away to be able to drive with your arms at a 45 degree angle. OR the pedals are too close. At least one or the other should have an adjustment.

Cruise control saved my life. Without it, I would have some pain in my right leg. The accel pedal is too close and too far to the right, I found my foot falling off it at times. I couldn't drive this car on long trips without cruise control. Our 1991 Corolla doesn't have this problem, nor did my 1988 Civic sedan or 1991 Civic wagon.

Very quiet ride, very good handling, very good passing power. The car did tend to get blown around in high winds, but not more than our other cars, and certainly less than my old 1970 VW Type III Squareback did with the engine in the back!

I got a set of Exactmats today. They are terrific.

Dave

2. paulccullen

paulccullen New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yep, ya gotta love cruise control :) . We've made the Seattle-to-Portland trip several times, in both my 2005 and my wife's 2006 Prius. Smooooth!