1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

second set of wheels, dashcover

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by dlaxague, Nov 11, 2005.

1. dlaxague

dlaxague New Member

We're looking for an extra set of rims to put snow tires on - don't care what they look like. It sounds as if there should be some used ones out there (I looked at the discussion of 16 and 17" wheels). Any suggestions where to look?

Also, I have a Costco/Coverking custom beige front dash cover that I don't like. Free to good home if you'll pay shipping.

Debbie

2. jwhpa

jwhpa New Member

I'm also trying to decide about wheels for snow tires. I have heard that Corolla 15" wheels will fit the Prius, but I'm not having much luck confirming this. I'll be going to my dealer within the next couple of days to see if they will work. eBay is a good place to get knock off wheels that others are selling after buying after-market wheels. I'll let you know what I find out.
    JH

3. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Tirerack.com was supposed to have steel wheels for $32 each, but they crapped out on that for some reason. Best price I could find from local tire stores for steel was almost $60, so I ended up buying the alloys tirerack sells for $69 ("sport edition," they're called; I bought them locally, though, as they matched price) to put my Blizzak revos on. I like the wheels (they are OEM size).

rpm

4. dlaxague

dlaxague New Member

Les Schwab gave me a quote of $49.95 per wheel, plus valve stems and lug nuts. For some reason they didn't think the lug nuts would be interchangeable. My local tire company (not a franchise) happened to have one set of black wheels for $35 each - I just went to make sure that they fit, and they do. So with studded tires and chains on board as insurance, traction will not be an issue. Clearance will be, alas. But my last car was a Civic hatchback so I'm used to the clearance thing. There may be a few days each winter that I'll regret choosing the Prius over the Subaru-of-my-dreams, but that leaves lots of days for loving the Prius.

Debbie