1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Secret Steering Wheel buttons?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by naterprius, Mar 10, 2005.

1. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Some Sienna owner have discovered that the voice command button is present and illuminated under a fake cap on their steering wheels. Plugging in a $50 microphone adds voice command to these vehicles.

Details here:

http://www.siennaclub.org/forum/index.php?...hl=voice+button

Is it possible that the "info" is present on Prii that have a blank? I have pkg 9, so I can't experiment with this, but someone out there might want to take a look. The other buttons may be there as well; on-hook, off-hook, map (although these wouldn't be expected to work).

Of course, if BT IS in there somewhere I'll be mad that I bought Pkg 9...

Nate

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Those without the navigation do not have blank buttons on the steering wheel

3. xevious

xevious New Member

No, but the wiring endpoints are probably still there. Adding the wires and switch would most likely restore the missing functionality.

It would be a lot of trouble just to the the "Info" button on the steering wheel, though. All of the other buttons that are missing send commands (via the multi-information display) to the navigation system. No nav, no map or telephone.

4. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    After you add the buttons, make sure you add the navigation CPU under the driver's seat. ;)

5. fchen7

fchen7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My steering wheel buttons: "Info" and "recycler air" button dont work. Anyone know how to fix it ??? thanks

6. solidsnake_ala

solidsnake_ala New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

me too ... the info button suddenly stopped working ... anyone can help !!??