1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Secure lockable console

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by mfa-prius, Oct 13, 2008.

1. mfa-prius

mfa-prius Old member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I need a seriously secure, lockable console for my 2005. I'm wondering if it's feasible to remove the existing assembly, fabricate a new console from steel plate (with locking capability), cover it with the original upholstery, and bolt it all back in in such a way as it has to be unlocked and open to remove it. Only the large storage compartment has to be secure -- the cupholders can be original. Seems easy enough in concept -- has anyone actually removed their console for any reason and had a look at it?

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    There are several threads on PC dealing with removal of the center console. It's not hard to remove, but watch out for the wiring. There is power connection for the 12V socket, a wire for the AUX IN, and the SKS antenna.

Tom

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Any reason in particular that it has to be the center console? There have been a few firearms owners who have added locks to their rear cargo hold.

I suppose the center console would accomplish the same thing and provide a little easier access. :laser:

4. mfa-prius

mfa-prius Old member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Exactly.