1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SECURITY LIGHT FLASHING CONTINOUS EVEN CAR UNLOVK AND CAR WONT START

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Radhe99, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Radhe99

Radhe99 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    I have 2007 prius hybrid. From last 3 days it won't start. I can lock and unlock car using key but when door is open then also security lights on in dash board and car won't start no dash light part from door open and security . Check with battery but battery supply 12.5 Volts and also hazard and head lights working fine. So what could be problem. Thanks.

2. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If the car won’t start it will throw a whole bunch of codes, you must have access to a Toyota techstream capable obd code reader to harvest them. Most code readers at auto parts store are not capable of pulling hybrid codes based on what I see on this forum as that is very important because most likely your hybrid battery the big expensivev one in the trunk is bad.
    Very very common given the age of the car.

It’s all just guess till we see the codes the codes it has thrown. It will tell you exactly why it’s unhappy.

Many techstream choices available. Use the search forums button up top and then search

Techstream

3. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Your SKS is turned off. Check the "KEY" button under your steering wheel. It's right around knee level. If it's pushed "in" then SKS is disabled. When it's "out" SKS is enabled. Sometimes it gets pressed by accident, especially if someone is cleaning the car.

Anyone can test this if they'd like. Leave your fob in your pocket. Go to the car and push the KEY button to the "in" position. Stay out of the car and close the door. Play with the fob lock/unlock buttons. They'll work just fine. Now sit in the driver seat in the car. Guess what lights you'll see? Door ajar and the car with a key in it. Door ajar will go off when you close the door. Put your foot on the brake. The accumulator pump may or may not start. Press the power button. Nothing will happen. Put the fob into the slot on the dash next to the steering column. Press power button again. That puppy will fire right up (as long as car recognizes the RFID chip inside the fob). Shut it off. Remove the fob and put it in your pocket. Press the KEY button again so it returns to the "out" position. Now with your foot on the brake, press the power button. Fires right up.

Easy squeezy.....................

Also, I'm assuming this.....I can lock and unlock car using key means you can press the fob buttons to lock and unlock the doors. If you're actually using the mechanical key, then maybe it's just your fob battery is totally dead.

Anyway, maybe I just saved you 3 grand. Send me a good Aussie cigar. :D

#3 TMR-JWAP, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019